Yes! These are white balanced to direct sunlight, and post-processed in lightroom. They are most accurate to what my eye sees:

The output on the ROT66 was around 100 lumens, so it wasn’t the super rosy max output.

The internal temperature check feature is known to not be calibrated and can vary a lot. The temp sensor is in the MCU. It’s a somewhat irrelevant feature. I would just ignore it.

If your talking about the thermal stepdown temperature, that is a different situation. That is completely adjustable. You can make it step down based on time or by the exterior temperature (assuming you don’t like the factory stepdown point).

My guess is that the Aux board would connect to the MCU output for the switch lights. That would let you turn them on or off like the switch light.

Or it may just connect to a constant source of power so that they are on all the time.

It’s possible they designed it to have two brightness levels depending on where you solder the wire at on the aux board.

I’m sure we’ll find out soon.

Yes, I'm getting a ROT66 but waiting for the XPL hi version to come back as I still think the Nichia tint may not be for me. Hopefully I don't regret it but even with the adjusted pics, I still see a lot of pink.

The Q8 is a beauty. Great flood and still decent throw.

Well, I found out on another thread. The aux board will be wired to the switch light output.

ToyKeeper might help Fireflies to switch UI’s to Anduril. That UI has two different output levels (or off) just like the D4S does.

So in stock form (NarsilM v1.2) it will be just on or off.

I just received my Fireflies that I ordered on the last day of the GB. I still haven’t received the one I ordered before the GB.

I posted my lumen test and impressions here:

Bummer - I received my second ROT66 (Nichia version) and one of the emitters is dead out of the box. :frowning: I emailed Jacky Chang a picture of the dead emitter. Hopefully they will make it right.

UPDATE: Jacky responded almost immediately and asked me to send it to USA return center for repair. He said he would add the aux lights with repair for my trouble. He said they are sending repair parts to US, but he didn’t have address for me to send it to yet. Told me he would have the address for me tomorrow.

Someone mentioned fireflies is sending all the warranty work to skylumen. Dont know if that is true.

That would be nice. Vinh does great work, so I know it would be fixed right. I hope that’s the case.

Vinh does good work but his prices are not cheap. Im surprised Fireflies went with Vinh considering the ROT66 is a cheap light to begin with.

I don’t think Vinh has any Nichia 219B SW45k R9080s laying around. Fireflies bought all of them up.

The more I think about it, the dead emitter almost surely had to be that way from the factory. Which makes me wonder how does a light with a dead emitter even make it out of the factory? Did nobody check to make sure that all the emitters work before they put it in a box and sold it? I can’t imagine it was damaged in shipping as it was extremely well packed. And these are Nichia emitters, so there shouldn’t have been issues with the optics hitting the emitter. Very puzzling…

Actually, there is a very small chance of an emitter dying during shipment.

During shipment, temperatures can vary wildly in something like the cargo of an airplane, along with a high chance of bumps. If an emitter isn’t soldered on correctly, in the factory, it’ll work fine.

However, if these is a drastic temperature change or a bump during shipment, the mechanical stress could result in an emitter being partially unsoldered, and not work correctly anymore.

My FF-ROT66 arrived today.

But I don’t think its XP-L with 4000K as ordered and it is claimed als XP-WW on the box.
If I compare it under UV-Light with my XHP70.2 with 4000K. The XHP70.2 is orange and the ROT is only “slightly warm yellow”. It is yellow and only slightly more orange than my Astrolux MF01 with 219C.

Well the rumors were true. Vinh is doing warranty service for Fireflies. At least for mine anyway. Jacky sent me Vinh’s address to send my light for repair/addition of aux lights. I can’t complain about this one bit. Thanks to Jacky/Fireflies for setting up a great warranty service. :+1:

Are they paying for shipping?

I agree… thats why i always do the math before i buy it… labor day 15 % off

Rot 66 base $80 + 9 samsung 351 led $27 + $63 labor = $170

So i am basically paying $63 for the labor… the light will also came with the warranty…

I assume I am paying to ship it to Vinh, and then I’m assuming they will ship it back to me on their dime. There was no mention of shipping either way. I’m OK with paying for shipping it to be repaired. I am getting aux lights, installed by Vinh, for “free” with the repair. All in all I can’t complain. After all, considering how cheap the light was to buy, I’m not going to complain about a couple of bucks for shipping.

Looks like I’m getting a new light instead of a repair. According to Jacky’s email, it sounds like Fireflies is going to send me a new light with the aux lights once Vinh receives mine:

“As soon as Vihn get it, we will send you a new ROT66 Nichia with Aux leds.”

I guess Vinh will just keep my light for parts, or repair it to be sent for other warranty claims. I’m just happy I’m getting a new light! Very happy with this outcome. :slight_smile:

With the group buy price and a modest order from digikey it’s more like $90 for the base light. Even less if vinh is buying them wholesale from Fireflies without the expensive original emitters. At $200 for the LH351D version, there is a rather significant markup for $14 worth of emitters and 20 minutes of labour.