How about just the LEDs — 219B vs SST20 without the 804 filter?

Mine does, too. Visually, I can see the ramp down begin at 15 seconds, when the body is just barely starting to feel warm.

Letting it continue for about a minute total, it’s still only moderately warm, with the temperature limit set to 50 degree C. I haven’t checked the MCU-reported temperature immediately after a turbo run. Perhaps it is significantly warmer than the body.

It’s a pretty large and noticeable stepdown, like in this video I did: (around 19 seconds in Turbo then the hard stepdown, in my video below — I didn’t ramp down the brightness, it was the automatic thermal stepdown right before I stopped the video recording)

New vendor added.

Has anyone ordered from the ff-light.com website? I just put on a order for the ROT66 SST20 6500K but I get no email, no tracking, nothing back, I tried sending a email to their email but no reply, I tried using their customer service in their ‘contact us’ section but when i click ‘send’the page says ’error’, was wondering if you guys experience the same thing or is this normal?

Have you gotten your order aknowlegments yet from FF or Paypal?

Majority of us bought from FireFlies direct. [quote=scr79423] Has anyone ordered from the ff-light.com website? I just put on a order for the ROT66 SST20 6500K but I get no email, no tracking, nothing back, I tried sending a email to their email but no reply, I tried using their customer service in their 'contact us' section but when i click 'send'the page says 'error', was wondering if you guys experience the same thing or is this normal? [/quote]

I calibrated current temperature setting to reflect exact ambient temperature (as initially, the flashlight showed always above 35°C even after a longer rest on the shelf), and I set temp threshold to 58°C. Now I get better values, but initially, it was not more than 6-8 seconds for me.

And yes, first time, when a stepdown happens, body is just mildly warm.

Probably I could set temp threshold even higher, but now it is already useable. Before temperature calibration, it had stepped down more than once in just 2 minutes.

Now this flashlights gets to be picked up much more often, and Astrolux MF01 sits more on the shelf.
Maybe if there would be a high CRI option for ROT66 in the 5000K-6000K CCT range, I would even sell that one.

Funny you should ask…Got email from him Nov. 29th saying both were shipped together. However, today I received a single shipment with just the ROT66. Hope its the correct emitters 219Bs but have not checked yet. It is black so that is correct. This tracking number was different but legit since I plugged it into USPS tracking and shows being delivered today. FireFlies never sent this tracking number to me, but nice surprise. I sent Jack an email earlier today regarding this issue since the Tracking Number he gave me in the November 29th email said that both items were being co-shiped and tracking still says,

December 7, 2018, 10:22 am
Processed Through Facility
BEIJING EMS, CHINA

And it was not received/ACCEPTED until Dec. 6th.? If that package and tracking number is still just the PL47, then that’s fine. I would just like to know for sure.

Funny, too, that I got a shipping notice today for my Black E07 with 219B’s!. I will follow tracking on it every few days.

I have had good luck communicating with him (them) in 5 past instances and at most it has been two days between messages. I am not really worried yet. Jack has been a stright-up guy…just think he is overwhelmed which is when mistakes and delay can occur. How they are ultimately resolved is the important thing to me.

I do not expect much from any Asian enterprise after Thankssgiving since shipping from China is a zoo for the low priority economy packages that sit until a cargo spot opens up for the container.

PM FF here as well if you are not getting an email response in a few days. Others have said he responds faster here. Also resend your emai…you never know…
Also, if receiving emails from them, check your spam folder to see if it was flagged.

Cheers!

Thanks for the help, I haven’t got a email back yet from FF, what is Jack’s name on here? thanks

My ROT66 probably will not come. Two and a half months have passed and the tracking shows that it is still in China. It’s strange to me, and I bought a lot of things in China and I’ve never had anything like that. It looks like it would only generate a letter number without shipping. Paypal has already refunded my money and I will thank you for shopping at Fireflies.

OMG! have you tried contacting FF by email or Jack?

Of course I tried to contact. The contact took place through paypal. They wanted to send me a second flashlight by courier, but I do not trust them anymore. Before it would come, I would lose paypal protection. That’s why I gave up and asked for a refund. I understand that you can wait half a year for a flashlight in a project like GT, but ROT66 has already been ordered at the time of the official launch. I see no reason why I would have to wait half a year in the hope that ROT66 will appear with me.

okay good news! I just got a email from Jack saying my Rot66 been shipped today with a China Post tracking number, lets hope it gets to me with no problems :slight_smile:

FireFlies

I am quite surprise that you have never contacted me. I can help you if you forward me your order number. [quote=komeko] Of course I tried to contact. The contact took place through paypal. They wanted to send me a second flashlight by courier, but I do not trust them anymore. Before it would come, I would lose paypal protection. That's why I gave up and asked for a refund. I understand that you can wait half a year for a flashlight in a project like GT, but ROT66 has already been ordered at the time of the official launch. I see no reason why I would have to wait half a year in the hope that ROT66 will appear with me. [/quote]

It will eventually come. My first rot66 got stuck at HK customs amd tracking showed the same as what you are seeing and I think it took 3 months to arrive. Cant remember exactly. I didnt file paypal because he treated me well with my Enogear issue and my other three Rot66 came within a month.

When I ordered my FL, I did not get any confirmaton for FF shop. Also no email when I registred at this shop.
Very strange.

After many emails (in last email I mentioned paypal dispute) they replied and eventualy send me FL.

I hope I will get FL in next weeks.

Kind regaerds

I sent 2 emails to FF, one day after the other with the exact same text, I didn’t even open a paypal dispute, 2nd email was replied in only 20 minutes with a tracking number, I feel really bad for those of you who waited 3 months to get yours

I am start to get worried…

Pl47 tracking no start with LT043379… not in the system
E07 tracking no start with 927489

Hopefully my pl47 doesnt stuck in the custom…