Total Rookie!...I need help

I have been researching LED flashlights and I am totally overwhelmed with information. I am looking for a budget light to look at deer in my back yard up to 75 yards away. I want to be able to totally illuminate the deer and I would like to be able to use a red or green filter. Which light(s) will do the best job for my needs? Thanks in advance for the help.

Convoy c8 with XPL v6 3D from AliExpress convoy store.
There are red green filters that fit the c8 available on eBay.

I’ll trade you a flashlight recommendation for your deer meat recipe :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info. I’ll take a look at that tonight. Are there any other options? Anything I could get a hold of quicker than going through Aliexpress and still be in the budget category?

It’s been so long since I shot a good deer I can’t even remember how to make them taste good. I figure with enough BBQ you can make anything taste good:)

Then I recommend a scope :smiley:
The Convoy C8 is a good recommendation :slight_smile:

Are the convoys on eBay the same as the ones from Aliexpress?

Check out Mountain Electronics. Richard, a member here (RMM) runs an excellent shop with a good selection and fair prices. He stocks a few of the convoys and everything you’ll need to get going.

Thnx a ton.

Another C8, is the Thorfire C8s. If you are a prime member of Amazon, Thorfire C8s it is cheap and painless. You can also get it with a Battery (which is good quality), and a charger (which I have no opinion of) Very good quality light, that’s comparable to the Convoy.

While I don’t personally own the ThorFire C8s, I know some members here have them and do like them a lot. Certainly can’t beat the price, especially with Prime.

I’m sure there are others, but here’s a BlF review of it.

These are some filters that fit the c8 but who knows how long it will take to get them. Other options here in the states are 6-7$ a piece!

Start with a couple of Convoy models to get you’re feet wet in the hobby.

Great quality and cheap enough to let you figure out what features and characteristics you like and not like.

C8 would be a good choice at the distance you mentioned.

You probably know this, but even if you are only looking at the deer; in most states it is illegal to do so with a hand held or controlled light. It’s called ‘wildlife harassment’ or something like that. You probably won’t have any problems in your own back yard (unless you happen to have some crappy neighbors like I do:smiley: … ), but be careful straying outside your yard. “Big Brother” usually can’t take a joke when it comes to this. :wink:

That’s wildlife “harassment”??

I used to just post nasty comments on their facebook pages…

No nasty comments from me… they are just doing their job.
But where it really crosses the line with me is when people use the lights to hunt deer at night. I have zero use for turds such as that.

Naw, I meant the deers’ fb pages.

“Haha! He not yo’ doe-daddy!”

I got you teacher. Lol. Thnx for the info. I ordered the Thorfire c8s. . Also, what about the convoy l6? I realize it’s way more powerful. I’m just wondering if I’m going to use a filter if I’ll need the extra lumens to get the visibility at 70-80 yards. What do you guys think? I would have already bought one from mountain electronics but they are not in stock.

Ok LB……… :+1: … :wink:

No problem CaptBD. :slight_smile: I like to look also, but I have one goofy neighbor that is a PIA about it. :person_facepalming:
I think the problem with the L6 might be finding a filter, otherwise is would be great.