ToyKeeper's Favorite Lights

From Wurkkos, I have a FC13, TS25, TS11, TS30S Pro, TS10, and TS10 Ti. All six have snappy, responsive switches which work well. Not too soft, not too firm, clear tactile response, and no misclicks that I’ve encountered.

The only issue I’ve had is on my aluminum TS10, which might need an internal tab bent a little bit since the button sometimes feels almost like a 2-stage switch (and when someone else on BLF had one like this, it turned out an internal part was just not bent quite far enough). It’s only a minor thing though, so I haven’t tried to take it apart to fix it.

Anyway, in my experience, their switches seem fine.

1 Thank

No surprises here. The creator prefers what the creator made. Funny how that works. :innocent:

2 Thanks

They use a bunch of different switches, and seem to be moving away from the raised smooshy plastic green light one found in the TS22 / TS25 / IF19. The FC13 / TS10 / TS11 / TS30 are totally different switches.

I have gone through about 30 of these lights (but mostly TS22, TS25, TS10, TS30), not sure what your sample size is.

Did you have any button issues on Wurkkos Anduril lights?

The only Sofurkkos Anduril lights I had with that switch were the TS21 and TS25. The TS21 was so bad I couldn’t even gift it.

Uhmmm… 100% agree with you :handshake: :relieved:! This guy is single-handedly forming the future of regulated flashlight drivers, I think. Toykeeper + threefreeman = :heart_eyes:. Please implement AVRDD support soon, thanks :smiley:

1 Thank

I’m working on it. I have a branch already where I’ve rewritten a ton of files to make it easier and cleaner to support multiple different MCU types, and I have half the AVR DD code written. I just haven’t merged or published the branch yet.

2 Thanks

So, the issue is only on an old switch type that Wurkkos already stopped using on newer models?

@YBF650 was mentioning Anduril on the TS22, which uses the old switch, which is not phased out yet.

I’ve used the old switch quite a bit. Due to a miscommunication, Sofirn used to send me their returned products, and I tested a ton of lights people sent back. Those should, at least in theory, be the worst items… the most likely to have problems. I had a pile about 2.5 meters tall at one point, and many of the e-switches were that same style. Out of the entire set, I only encountered one where the e-switch didn’t work, and it wasn’t due to the switch itself, but due to really badly botched assembly which prevented the light from working at all.

Regardless, I never much cared for that particular switch and button design, so I’m glad Wurkkos uses something else for their newer models. The newer one feels better, makes the aux LEDs easier to see, is far less likely to be pressed by accident, and I think it also looks nicer.

It might not be a big sample size, but of the few Wurkkos/Sofirn lights with that textured rubber switch (SP40, HD15R, LT1S Pro), I’ve yet to have issues with it. I quite like it in fact, over the new style large switch in my TS11.

IMO it also doesn’t look as bad when worn either, the new switch gets shiny and eventually white probably will start to show through, the old style is just a big chunk of translucent rubber.

1 Thank

could someone please post some pics of the switches youre talking about?

fwiw, I like the TS10 switch resistance

better than the FWAA switch…

because the TS10 switch requires twice as much pressure, as the FWAA switch which imo is too easy to activate unintentionally

1 Thank

I think it’s this switch:

It’s metal with a transparent dot in the middle for an aux LED, it sticks out from the body of the light, it’s almost silent, and it has a pretty soft tactile response.

I’m referring to this kind of switch, where it is a backlit rubber button.

I actually kind of like that switch for the smaller lights, at least on the few lights I’ve tried with it (SP10 Pro, IF22A, SC32) because it doesn’t need a large flat area.

I like that the SC21 Pro has that illuminated button. I agree the tactile feel is soft and takes a bit of getting used to. The TS25 switch is similar looking but a bit larger, I find the wider button of the TS25 a bit more comfortable to use.

I have not had any complete failures of any of my lights switches… Maybe Im too gentle? lol

I don’t think that is the type of switch runswithsnakes was talking about.

These all use Sofirn’s “hard button with a transparent dot” switch.

I think you probably just got unlucky. I’ve used that type of switch on many individual lights, including some with Anduril, and the only time I encountered functional issues were on a returned item with severe damage.

The main downsides I’ve noticed are that it has a bit of a soft touch and proud profile, so it’s easy to hit by accident and doesn’t give a very satisfying tactile feel.

1 Thank

Same with FW3A, that’s why I oring mod them before I put them in my pocket.

Oring mod(remove the plastic nub from the center):
rgxVzw8_d

2 Thanks

thanks for the photo… very helpful
I use an O ring on my FWAA also

The O ring mod to the FWAA makes the switch similarly firm as the stock TS10 switch.

I like the more symmetrical waistline of the TS10, as well as the flashing pads that the FWAA lacks.

1 Thank

I had a TS10 for a few days, it’s a nice light and I loved the tint of the 4000K.
However I’m 6’4" and my hands are pretty large.
Then add in the lack of knurling and smooth finish, I nearly dropped it several times.
I ended up selling it and bought a FW3A and now I own almost 11 of them and couldn’t be happier!

1 Thank

Nice post and list. The keychain light being from 2016 says a lot. That model looks neat, but it would be great to get some improvements in this segment.

1 Thank