TR-J12 or TR-J18?

Post up your current draw in the calling all TR-J12 owners thread when you get it please.

Aloha bruddah!

Is there any BLF (or CPF) history of members getting a fake TR-J12?... (IE do fake J12 exist among us?)

What is CPF history... JFC doesn't the site have to be running to have history, or did the money from the DX banner pay to get the server up and running again this week ?

God gave you eye's my friend use them and if you followed the origins of the multi xm-l,s it did not take long for the cheaper knock offs to start rolling in and still rolling out.

Others reported fakes on other threads, not me I'm happy with my manafont J12 pulling 6+ amps on 2 cells i like wearing sun glasses at night Tongue Out

food for thought what company in there right mind would follow good business practice to bring out the next model so quickly for the same amount of money... none unless your a Chinese flashlight maker as you know the light is going to be photo copied and sold world wide in a couple of weeks by your competitors or tooling company so they keep pumping them out to keep the money in there pockets and not with the photo copiers.

Most normal companies running a normal business would milk one run for as long as then can to rake in as much coin before they release the next model, not in china as it will be stripped copied rebuilt even cheap or rebaged and rolled out the door or sold as seconds.

This is why i like china cheap and completion for the rest of the nations, CPF fans like your self should know this and its why i thought you guys didn't like then and trustfire and all then where bad names as they copied every thing.

Where else could we get 2000 to 3000 OTF,s from for under 80 bucks shipped the USA nope Au nope china, photo copying and reusing the same parts over and over, but its why i love them and its why we have budget electrical goods.

I'm not knocking china one bit or there processes as i like my cheap TV,s dishwashers, air cons, car parts and flashlights, the more raw meterial china buys the better it keeps most of us Aussie in high payed jobs getting it out of the ground and to the sea, if china slows down we slow down.

I am just asking if we (BLF'ers) have in fact received fake TR-J12 lights? Ignoring all the other side discussions for a moment... my original question remains open, Have any of you on BLF received what you believe to be a fake TR-J12 or J18?

I am curious because I am expecting a J12 to arrive in the next week.

(I edited my post above to more specifically target the TR-J12, and BLF community. I am WELL aware fakes, counterfeits and forgery exists everywhere... no need to go there in this thread.)

I like the edit of your post #20, sliped in BLF, i cant be stuffed going through all the post for you, last i remeber it was the 7 x xml not the 5 x xml, but there was another tread on some lights some one brought up about a company (not me) but i can not remeber and there is to many threads and post to go through. my orginal statement good gave you eyes still stands my friend.

Might as well address the forum your in hey, might as well go there as I'm sure not every one understand how the system works. I dealt with export companies in china importing every thing from car parts, tools, lathes, shelfing racks and clone motor bikes fun stuff and importing clone RC,s form china selling world wide.

Now relax and i have fun in the budget light game as a consumer but it pays to strike quick, i love it, to sell these lights at what they are now going for now and to make any money companies must be buying a few sea containers full every couple of weeks and selling ship loads or getting them made cheaper so we can buy then cheaper. i guess there cheap government supported shipping saves & helps a load with price.

How do you think this this Greece and Germany thing will play out, if could go bad and affect us all even our job,s and our flashlights.

Understood. We have eyes, use them to separate fact from fiction. Thus far I have not seen fake TR-J12 / J18 lights on BLF. If fake samples of either *light* exist, please BLFers post pics or commentary on that. Thanks!!! Hopefully when mine gets here its the same light as everyone else.

It depends on your definition of fake. Do TF order from just one factory so anything not made there is a fake. I suspect not. If your light is different from someone else's who has the original and who has the fake? If you receive a poorer quality light is yours fake or just a second made by the OEM but sold off to someone and then resold cheaply to DD or some ebay seller.

Its a lottery!

Maybe the experianced could tell..

So how do noobs like me tell if the J18 i got is real or fake?

*My j18 could be fake too as mine inside do not have the oval or round TF sticker inside, but it comes from the factory when using DHL to track item, & my J18 is x2 times brighter (intensity wise) then tf-3t6 from assumation based on 5 pair of eye & it did make 2 piece tf-3t6 seems low on battery.

*Reason is> we may not have anything to compare to tell (other lights or DMM etc)

*Like some said:> fake TF-3T6 use generic driver (there is no resistor at R5 iirc), maybe all will desolder the cap, take the driver out to check?

Any easier way?

Yeah... lets just say for the purpose of this J12 / J18 thread we define "fake" as being something structurally, functionally or visually different than the "norm"... Extra heatsink fin, different pill shape, different UI (modes), different tailcap current draw, different logo. Things we can physically observe and measure (with a DMM), and we leave it at that. If you can measure lux or lumen output then by all means throw that into the mix too.

lets try that and see how it goes.

My J18 I bought from Lightmalls.com is ABSOLUTELY a fake. I own a real J12 as well and the fake I got is actually visibly dimmer than the J12. Even the machining is different than the real deal. So buyer beware.

Its dimmer in what way... specifically? Ceiling bounce, distance throw, spot intensity close range white wall comparison? If it draws the same tail-cap wattage as the J12, I would expect J18 throw distance and wall spot intensity to be less due to its smaller reflectors.

Can have some photos of the machining part which you feels is different? It will benifit all BLF'ers.
If it's not convinent, u tell me which part, i take photo of my J18 & post here (only lousy iphone quality), u help me see if mine is fake? (cos i dun hv J12 for comparing)

Ceiling bounce is signifcantly dimmer. I can describe the differences, and try to post photos later.

1. No logos or lazer engraving at all.

2. Area where logo should be is machined flat. Genuine ones are slightly curved.

3. The grip rectangles are machined differently. (Need photo as too hard to describe).

4. Battery adapters came with three equal sized tubes instead of two, one short, one long.

Well, just this one item alone makes it not a true Trustfire. So lightmalls should be off the BLF list of vendors, at least when it comes to wanting to purchase a Trustfire.

thanks for elaborating... VERY useful information. Yeah the body tube should not be flat, it should be rounded contour where the logos are placed.

FWIW I just got a J12 from aliexpress and it looks 100% like every one else, and performs like everyone elses lights.

I got the same TR J18 from lightmall. It is crap. I complained and got the answer that this flashlight is not a fake. The Tr J 18 which is now available is only the new version. I had a look at the Trustfire website and they still have both version of this flashlight, maybe the were ashamed what rubbish they produced and didn't print a label on it. I also own a Tr J12 and this torch is brilliant. I bought 2 for my friends for the 54.44 offer , they are no fake and it took only 10 days with Chinese Post.

Unfortunately I still have the TR J18. I tried it with 2x 18650 Samsung batteries and I think it is brighter than with 3 ??!!

Damn, that's a fake.

What about this base ball bat 7 x T6 3 or 4 26650's

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/8979