Tractor Supply JobSmart Light Mods - ZOOMIE now has a T6 in it!

You can get 5A from them, but not for long. I will do a runtime test tonight at work and let y’all know.

Nice job, as usual !!

Very confusing Technical Details and description from the Manufacturer on the Amazon site for that light!

Nice work. You should do the RIT process for sure if you can figure out how to make it work.

I did a lot of research on it, a while back and I was serious, but in the end, I just don’t want any of that acid at home. (other than in the car battery that is). I gave up on it and I still wish I could do it, but it’s not safe to me and that’s it. I’ve seen the results of Sulfuric Acid and neither of the people involved fared well. They lived, but you couldn’t tell that by looking at them.

I’m with you there! I was just looking at the recent thread on here where RIT was used and it appears that it only involved a little lye and RIT.
I’ve never used lye either but my impression was that it wasn’t that hard to handle. Didn’t people used to make soap out of it?

Lye is the deanodizer, surface prep.

Sulfuric Acid is the anodizer, with electrical current. Here's a fairly good link, there's lots of others.

Caswell makes expensive kits, but they've been doing all this stuff for a long time.

hope i'm not thread crapping...

lots of new lights

4xAA (non-showerhead) is easily the best deal imo. Too bad the 3D isn't zoomie :(

3xAA (physical serial) is interesting - 11 green leds, 1 xpe

camo/orange blood tracker on top left

2C silver is a zoomie, too bad it isn't 3c (easy to convert to nanjg)

big 4xaa showerhead looks to have screw on bezel (ie convertible to reflector or aspheric) but is more expensive than HF 109led showerhead...

Yes, and you can make soap from people out of it too; it will saponify your flesh.

That’s why people came so clean after using itTongue Out

Darn, I can’t see that at work, got to wait till after midnight. Was there a 2C light?

You jerk dthrckt! You took my thunder! Would you believe I came home with the exact same photo??? Here it is (notice the 18650 w/charger in upper right corner):

I was impressed by the selection. I'm going to post a new thread now to expond on the TSC selection and show photos of the 3AA next to my SAIK SA-305.

Hey Old-Lumens, is it just me or does the main body of the 3AA also appear to be plastic? Seems the head & main body are plastic, but the center section (between head and main body) and tailcap are aluminum. It is a nice light though, with better threads than my SAIK.

EDIT- Link to new thread.

-Garry

The 3AA (fourth light from left to right in the top row), is the one I have. It is all aluminum. construction.

The 4AA Showerhead (I imagine) the head could be used on a Maglite D.

One of the other lights besides the zoomie I bought is also a zoomie. I can't remember if it was a "C" or a "D" that was a zoomie. I was going to get it also, (really wanted it) but in one day they were gone.

almost looks like we were at the same store lol

yes, there was a 2C.

hopefully all these aren't popular and end up on clearance - then they try black next lol (although the finish isn't too bad, looks almost like polished steel).

I don’t have an amp meter at work, but the runtime test I did showed (visually) no noticeable decline in brightness till 20 minutes of full on runtime. After 30 minutes, I shut it off. The batteries were actually warmer than the heatsink was, but neither was excessively hot. I have another set at home and will do some amp checking, but I am impressed with what these eneloops are capable of.

Did I say this thing is bright? Well, overall I am really liking this little light. When you zoom out though, the die square is big, bigger than I thought it would be. When the zoom is in, it's a perfect round wall of light. I kind of hate to sell this thing.

I will have to do some beam shots at home.

Someday these flashlights that we "special order" from China will go mass market. When they do, they will be cheap. You can't beat semi's off loading pallets of stock into the rear doors of American retailers. Ordering 1 and 2 of, and having them delivered to our front door can not compete with the way retail business is done in America.

Here are some pics of a "Super Budget" flashlight I bought at a major retailer last month. A pack of 2 flashlights, with batteries, a total of 6 aaa Evereadys was $5.00. That is $2.50 each with batteries! The specs are modest but not bad either

Aluminum body etc.

Cree emitter on a 20mm star, looks like an XP-C

88 Lumens

Deep reflector for good throw

Direct drive with tailcap switch, simple on-off (for light that is not TOO bright, what else do you need?)

BTW, after having said all this, I can,t see the general public dealing with charging the batteries. If a flashlight

had a built in charger, yes. Also we are quickly reaching a practical limit for safety among the public as far a brightness

goes. Anything brighter than the brightest we have now could never be sold to anyone without some sort of training.

I bought a bunch of these and mod them in different ways. Stock batteries draw 500ma and produce the advertised

88 lumens. Alkaline draw 650 ma for a slightly brighter light. NiMH draw about 800ma.

I have put and XML-T6 in and an 18650 flat top battery fits, draws 3.25 amps and is almost as bright as my TR-3T6!

however it is not safe to run for more than 30 seconds.

Having lots of fun for not much money!

I bought two of those a while back. There’s a thread somewhere on them. I did one with an XR-E and the other with an XP-G and one was floody, the other a thrower. Nice little lights for the price.

Well, I guess I won't get to do beam shots. I had the Zoomie out by the guard shack and one of the guys saw the wall of light. He bought it right then and there.

It was fun while it lasted!

lmao - time to get a couple more, mod them and keep them with you ;) price goes up of course, since now he's your marketer. j/k ;)

Yes, too bad this store does not have any more!