Trustfire Flame 32650s?

i bet there will be an sk68 clone with them lol.

I’d like a few to do some vintage flashlight updates, it does appeal to build something like an old chrome ray-o-vac and turn it into a li-ion nw power house, say an xm-l2 at 3.5 - 5a

+1

i wonder if they are feilong based cells (5000 or 6000 mah)

hahaha…wait, actually that could be pretty beastly. Still, I LOL’d at the that :smiley:

I hope someone posts a discharge test on these soon. If they give good mAh @3A, these would be perfect for an SST90 Defiant 3D mod. US - Defiant ArmorMax 3D Tactical Flashlight - 3D XML light $29.97 - GET BACK TO HD NOW!!!!.

The discharges are quite deep, 2.5V and 2.3V, considering the extra volume I do not find anything interesting.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/utena0705/archive/2012/10/22

Should work great in a Maglite conversion. :bigsmile:

We still need discharge tests for the trustfire’s the op posted.

MT-G2 Maglite. Crap, I knew I should have ordered more of those...

Somebody buy me a couple and your wish will be my command…

I tested Novae D li-ion protected cells out at 3 amps. Got around 4700mah from each cell. That was at 3 amps, tested at 1 amp got 5200mah. Decent cells for mag conversions. Especially 1D mags with amc7135 drivers. They are a bit longer than a normal D alkaline cell so the spring has to be modded. I have not purchased any in a year or better so don’t know if there still the same quality. Not cheap I know, but they where the first 32650 li-ion cells that where protected to hit the market that I know of.
Hoping these trustfires turn out to be of decent quality, I would like to make a few more 1D mag shorty’s with decent run time.

Anyone test these yet?
Anyone have a good 32650 charger recommendation? All my chargers won’t fit a cell that long. The Novaetech 32650 is 70.5mm!

Now available at KD

If these are the same quality as my 1200mAh TF Flame 18350s, multiply advertised capacity by .31 to get the real number... xD

The trouble with building up an incandescent flashlight is that they didn’t need any cooling, unless to keep the plastic from melting. The hotter an incandescent bulb is the brighter it shines. One would also have to re-do all the conduction paths, as they usually seem to contribute considerable resistance.

Has anyone received some of these trustfire 32650’s and tested for actual capacity?
Are they any good?

6126mAh@1A

Quick test here.

I love these cells. After the declining quality of the Fietlong’s, the Trustfires are a most welcome addition. I just hope they age well, which is usually not the case with Chinese lico’s. If I get 3 full years out of them, I’ll be surprised.