TrustFire T6 3x XM-L is still a good bargain?

SKIP AMAZON!
Seriously, how many people have to get ripped off before you learn? I have heard nothing but bad news from anyone buying a tr-3t6 from there. If you just plan on using it as a host it might be worth it though.

I have 2 of these, how in the world do you get AA’s to work in that light? they are just going to wobble all around like most of the other batteries you mentioned :~

I also used AA just to try if it works and it works, of course they wobble because there are a few mm space around them but it works….

Interesting, I would have never have tried that……Thanks 8)

I still like my 3T6, but I tend to use my J-18, or 12xT6 if I want anything big, and my Solarstorm Warrior with XML2s, Convoy S3 or L4 if I don’t. Either way, I wouldn’t get an SRK if you dont like the form, I have a bunch of them now due to a few errors and deals (only way I’d buy them), and I still hardly use them. Unless you want to mod it, then an SRK can be great but in that case you should probably get the M6? I think it was called…

The J18 is $45 at Lightmalls and will get you closer to the lumens you think you are getting in the advertised 3T6 TrustFire TR-J18 7xT6 7*Cree XM-L T6 8500LM 5 Modes Led Flashlight(2x18650/3x18650/2x26650/3*26650) I’ve had several J18s with lots of use on them, they are very nice unless you get a bad driver, its probably my most used hiking light.

You’re right, man. I saw a lot of comment on Amazon about people very hungry for some problems with that light!
But like you said, if everything goes to hell, I always use it like host (a friend can help me, or it will be the first time I’ll modding a light :wink: )

Cut electrical conduit to length as a sleeve, I think I used 1/2-inch . Take a AA with you to the store to check. Great stuff, and cheap. Wrap some tape around each end if it rattles but I haven't needed it yet. IDK the equivalent outside the US.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=72711-1792-101543

I still have the original 2 cell 3T6 I got from Manafont about 3 years ago. It's basically a mint condition shelf queen now, but I still play with it every once in a while. Great flashlight for it's time. The only thing I can say I don't like about is the disco modes aren't hidden.

I’m glad to ear that :slight_smile:
“Original” mean stock version, without modding?

Yes, I've never modded mine. I feel it's bright enough for it's time. That said I have much brighter lights in my collection such as the 5 amp Dry, Fenix TK75, and a Nitecore TM26. Both Fenix and Nitecore are the latest models...

BTW, when I said "original" I meant the first release of the 3T6, which is not a fake as far as I know...

Perfect, thank you very much for explanation :slight_smile: