TrustFire T90-2 Luminus SST-90 @FASTTECH

wow nice beamshots :slight_smile:

Awesome mod. I've loved this light since I saw it the first time :-) Thank you for sharing.

This light is epic with an MT-G2 as well as an XM-L2!

Trying to set a subscription to this thread. Am interested in l_o_n_g throwers for use at sea.

Incredible work Kenjii. What a beast! Congrats

Hy,

the T90-2 doesn´t work a the moment as i stole the LED for another project :wink: And the plan was to try a dedomed MT-G2@9A next. But i have other projects on the list at the moment. So i think it will take some time to get that finished.

Greetings

Kenjii

I guess you’ll just have to put a Cree XHP70 in there now and give us a full review with beam shots. :bigsmile:

Hi,

just a little update. After almost three years running XP-G2 dedomed something had to happen. So i removed the old LCK 5,7A Driver and pulled the LED. I used a 4S LD2-M2 2,5A which was placed on an aluminium bar in the huge pill. I use 4x Efest 26500.

Then i glued the ends of the wires with epoxy.

The nice XHP35 Hi 5000K

The light now makes about 2200 Lumens and 562 Klux (~1500m range) :slight_smile: Much less intensity than before (>800 Klux) but it is unbelievable useful now! Very broad beam with a medium corona.

Regards

Kenjii

haw can you use 4s in a 3s light? did you get an extension tube?
could you post some beamshots?

Still playing with mine and 1500 meters is no problem.

Hi,

i use 4x 26500 instead of 3x26650 which results in the Same length.

Regards

Kenjii

do you have any beamshots?

Hi,

here are some beamshots of the Trustfire T90-2 compared to Trustfire X7 and Thrunite TN4A, all running a XHP35 Hi at 2,5A.

Controlshot

Trustfire T90-2 - 562 Klux, 2400 Lumens

Trustfire X7 - 334 Klux, 2400 Lumens

Thrunite TN4A, 77 Klux, 2150 Lumens

Here some older shots for comparison

Regards

Kenjii

I missed your XHP35 HI swap Kenjii. That reflector sure concentrates a tight beam. In high mode after your XHP swap, how much better does the T90-2 exchange heat with the air, versus the X7? Also, do you have a feel yet for how long that light might last in high mode with the 26500’s?

Well done, and thank you for posting!