TrustFire TR-J18 Cree XM-L T6 7-LED 8000-Lumen 5-Mode Memory Flashlight - Black Aluminum Alloy Finish (3*26650/3*18650)

That's very good information to have. I've been wondering myself where the safest place to purchase one of the Trustfires. Glad Manafont seems to be the one of choice.

Yeah, thanks benckie! very good knowledge for a noobie like me.

Just got my J18.

Battery all at 3.85 to 3.89v. the trustfire 5000mAh 26650.

1st impression:

Head (fins + the 7 xml that part) seems quite solid.[nothing to compare to except tf-3t6]

Brightness wise: Wife said is brighter then tr-3t6 like 2 to 3 times? Intensity wise is more brighter, bigger hotspot, slightly more flood, middle of J18's hotspot shinning on my wall cannot see anything..err.. i meant> when no light, i see wall, with the light on, just see the white light, canot see wall. Can feel the heat when shining it against my cheek. The fins also very fast become warm.

Must bring it to plantation in open-space darkness to see what is called 2000++ lumen. 4 more xml, how much brighter in open darkness..we'll see
Having said the above; IMO> althought J18 is brighter trying at home, comparing it to tf-3t6>>If can turn back time, i think i would get 2 piece 3t6 instead of 1 piece j18, or maybe i try DRY or KING.

I saw some photo TK70 is OMG!!!! [IF J12 is almost as bright TK 70 OTF...]-(take it as j18 is same brightness as j12)> but my the J18 like hmmmm.....Foot in Mouth??
issit the reflector that is making all the diff? aka thrower VS flood issue...

**i tried using own computer & laptop, using MSN messenger this time, use video call to see the light. i believe the J18 should not be very much brighter then J12, as like my post #22, J12 is just not as bright. About there only...

It sounds like your a little dissapointed with the J18. I also have the TR6 and not sure what to get as I like the TR6 as well

Apologies for no spacing. Bro is hogging home Internet . Using my damm iPhone to reply. Dun wish to sent wrong message to ppl that are originally interested in this light. Will edit on spacing when my bro finish his movie downloading.----------------------------------------------------

How shall I put it ?

IMHO/ thoughts >> IF; one do not have a light that gives about 1500lumen (my case, a tf-3t6) . Then this j18 should give them the WOW factor.
IF again, J12 should also be a good choice as it's not really far off in terms of lumen I think.... The reason this J18 dun seems to gv me the WOW factor could be;

1) it's just brighter/more intensity then tf-3t6 not by alot, maybe twice the brightness/intensity from my assumption. {maybe J18 is about 2500-2800lumen} so, having another 1300lumen in the floody output that have about 1500 lumen originally dun seems super powerful, only a slightly more powerful light to me.

2) I expected too much. (think mayb 2100 can understand me lol). 3) I see photoshoots of TK 70 {a guy taking it, shining it across a lake that photo} then read J12 OTF's bout same as TK 70. But J18 which should be slightly better dun have that effect. Maybe due to the throw VS floody issue.

4). I have not test it out in the " cannot see own fingers place" , maybe my views may change by then + follow by video of J18 VS 3T6. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the only way to make me WOW again might be getting the Olight X6 with 5000 lumen.. But at that price of about usd $500/- if I remember correctly from somewhere I read, seems no bang for buck. I could get 10 piece tf-3t6 or 5 piece j12 to start search party. EG: 5 people using j12, illuminated area will be more. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

J12 or J18 should be bright light for the price..

Get a King... It will not disappoint you ! It throws around 2400 lumens ... Around 350 meters ... The best $$$ you will spend.... The low of 230 lumens is enough for normal use. And for messing around with friends is a blast.... I used a friends last week and yes I just ordered one a couple of days ago for myself ... ;)

Yeah.. now again debating WANTS vs NEEDS for KING or HID..hahahaha

If you are a professional, Police, Security, Towing, Night Searches, you will use your light several hours every night. You need Lumens, Throw, Flood, Long Burn Times, and a nice size to hold under arm for writing, or to mess with keys. The light must have a holster for keeping safe and it has to be the right size to hit somebody behind the head if needed. The weight is also of importance, you would not want to walk around all night with a SR90 91 92 under your arm ...

I suggest The Crelant 7G5 V2 they are about $92.00 and put out light as far as 500 meters. It has been tested on BLF and other sites and is the winner Hands down without having to spend $5oo.00 for the so called SST-90 Throwers from Olight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QssKoNbAhYo

Yeah.. also quite eager to know how bright this J18 actually is...

Father took back another piece 3t6, so total at home 2 piece 3t6.

i switched on both 3t6 on high, having both hotspot aiming to a same spot.
then
i switch on J18 to high also.

Aiming J18's hotspot 2 feet beside 2x 3t6's hotspot. J18's still is a little bit brighter....think should use the word "white-er". (maybe eyes playing tricks on me)
Distance from light to wall is about 2 metres.

Do lumens add up like math as shining 2 piece 3t6 at a same spot?
EG: 1 piece 3t6 gives 500 lumen, 2 piece 3t6 >> 500 lumen x 2 = 1000 lumen? (hotspot aiming at same spot)

I really like this sucker

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/8893#comment-177901

My trustfire j-18 came in during the weekend from lightmalls. My flashlight took two weeks to get here. Which i think is fast. The light looks just like on the pictures from lightmalls and any other place where i seen pictures. I’m very happy with its performence. At close range it well out performe any light i seen including the expensive olight sr flashlights. I must say this light well require high-end 18650 batteries. I was using ulttafire 18650 and the light set on high mode well only stay on for 10 to 15 min. on medium 20 to 30 minutes. I had to order the very expensive orbtronic 18650 which they say are true 3100mah.

I already told you to get my 65W HID. LOL! S$90, want?

PS. I thought i posted a pic of my TK70 and the 65W.

Yep, even if you are using 3S, you'd need good batteries. I think 2S would just trip the heck out of the lousier batteries in a matter of X minutes.

I like this one better then the TR-J18

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/8979

here is a J18. $65 shipped

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Shipping-Free-1x-Trustfire-J18-Flashlight-8000-LM-7-T6-LED-torch-brightest-Flashlight-power-by/113811_615795127.html

Yes i just bought the trj18 and i must say it is awesome and the batteries are excellent also

It's nice of you to join us, Pharlap!

I just got the J-12, and now they’re selling the the J-18 at less than what I paid for the J-12.

I soooooo don’t need this light. Really, I don’t. I’ve got a J-12 which is almost as bright right?

If someone gets it and also has the J-12, can you measure how much brighter it is than the J12?

J18 will be more floody thats for sure!

You know you want both :wink: that way you don’t need the x100….

Yet

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got one of these and it absolutely CHEWS batteries. Maybe my batteries are cheap or something they are PALIGHT 26650 4000mAh 3.7v…

It came with an extension to use 3 26650’s, instead of 2. Which is great because with 2 batteries I can’t even get it to use high mode. I don’t know if it’s faulty or what, but it flashes on then just stops, like it cuts out to save the batteries.

With 3 batteries in, I can get a bit of runtime, but high mode only works for less than ten minutes, at most.

So again I don’t know if it’s the batteries or the torch. I’m getting some eneloops and it has some adapters so I might try them to see if they are any better.

I must say though, when it is working this thing is BLOODY BRIGHT. It’s as bright, or BRIGHTER than the high beams on my toyota avalon, which are very bright already. Blindingly bright, literally it will blind you severely for a long time. It pumps out heat too, you can feel the heat putting your hand in front of the beam, it’s very hot.