TrustFire x100 vs Sky Ray 9xT6

I’m looking for a new floody butt kicking light and I am considering these two lights…anyone have both or can give me any input on either

theres not much on either, but i remember reading some threads on the x100. im sure some users would chime in soon.

ive just recently read on a member recieving their skyray 9xml today. heres what he said

after reading that, i surely want the skyray now. i think the skyray would be brighter, floodier, longer and cooler run time than that x100.

TF X100 is a 4S solution as well. So can’t be running longer. LOL! :bigsmile:

Both seem to be putting out the same OTF lumens, same ballpark.

Aliexpress is selling the Sky Ray at 85 bucks shipped. Same as the TF X100.

I’d give a wild guess that the TF X100 is built a wee bit better, more stoutly, very slightly better threads, better cutting on the aluminum. Both seem to be in the same ballpark for weight. But it’s very slight. I have previous sky rays/FF/etc before.

The Sky Ray would just operate slightly cooler. I think the TF X100 would throw a wee bit better.

But the Sky Ray can do 2S. Shorter. It is a 2+1. TF X100 is a 3+1.

Do note that the OTF lumens of the Sky Ray in 2S is not tested. It might not be the same as the TF X100.

Note that you’d better use good 26650s. Even good cells like 3 X Panasonic NCR18650A is operating at its upper limit.

Update, in the other thread, it could be that the Sky Ray is driven a wee bit better than the X100. Could be 3500-3700 lumens OTF.

Just checking if there has been any updates on this lately.

From what I can see, both lights seem to be in the “same market”. With similar ballpark numbers in both OTF output and cost to purchase.

Does anybody have any comment on which one is “better”?

Only that the Skyray 9x T6 MUST use 3 cells to work properly. On only 2, I think it’s about 200 lumens on high and likely 4,000+ lumens using 3 on high.

And if you upgrade the positive spring on the skyray 9xt6 you will get 9A tailcapcurrent…. :bigsmile:

If you check the feedback section at Manafont for the Trustfire X100, you’ll see on 3 x 26650 cells, it really isn’t driven any much harder than other multi-emitter lights. 4a on high mode with 3 x 26650 cells. If 80% efficient, you’re talking 5 watts to each led. I don’t know what it does using 4 cells though.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/trustfire-x100-cree-xml-t6-7led-8000lumen-5mode-memory-flashlight-black-aluminum-alloy-finish-3426650-p-10247

No idea, i dun have 9 x T6, so i cannot comment. Only diff i notice is (taking away how drivers are driving LEDs i both lights), the X100 whole head with heat sink is bigger then 9 x T6.

Maybe we’ll need some guys that have both of em to comment.

hum… from the sound of it it seems that.

1) The x100 is better built than the skyray 9xt6
2) The Skyray is driven harder than the x100 (or has 2 more emitters)… and thus produces more otf lumens stock?.. Richie is basically saying 35w stock on the x100 and I remember reading 50+W stock for the skyray !?.. if so, that is a HUGE difference in power.
3) Running 2s, while nice (gives the flashlight a very nice form factor) is not very important….I much rather have a light that works and does not stupidly overstress the cells. I will be running 26650 TF flames (5000mah)… No plans to upgrade to more exotic cells.

Realistically speaking, the use of this light is for short bursts of “ooooo… ahh”… say 10-15 min run times. I currently have a Tr-j18 that in stock form was very decent……. too bad it only lasted for a few weeks before it stopped working :frowning:

Werner… Upgrading the spring might be an easy mod… but would TF Flames support current that high?

1)My guess is that both light’s build more or less will be the same (cannot be sure), only different design/cutting, more or less heatsink,physical appearance etc.
2)If this is the case, my last light will be SkyRay Or AK 47 :party:
My x100 is running with tf 26650 (3 pc or 4 pc). SkyRay’s or AK47 ’s set from china website all comes with TF-26650 too.

It should really come down to which light is easier to upgrade and has the better heatsink. I know the Skyray 9x T6 type of lights, the KD driver should simply drop in and no mods necessary for the driver to fit. I don’t know enough about the Trustfire X100 if it’s as easy to mod. If the X100 can be run on 3 cells, it would make it the same length as a 9x light and about equally cost. But that 4th cell for the X100, that adds to the price and likely the power output as well.

I think someone may have to bite the bullet and order an X100 so our information on it can be updated.

you feel like doing another upgrade richie? ill buy the x100 and driver.
haaha no im just playing. the ak47 is plenty good!

I think any of these lights are okay in stock form, even the X100. But even the X100 only pulls 3.44a on 3 cells and 2.27a on 4 cells. It’s basically a 42 watt flashlight, like all the rest. If you want it to really wow you, add a KD driver.

Here’s the complete BLF thead on it.

I have tried running my X-100 on high for at least 45 mins during a power outage. :slight_smile:

I used (and am still using) 4x KingKong ICR 26650 4000mAh from FastTech. I simply set-up my X-100 on a table (tail stand) and shot the beam to to ceiling of our balcony thus brightly illuminating the area outside our house.

I did not encounter any issues with the light running on high for a long time except for our neighbors ‘maliciously’ looking at us wondering why we had electricity while they had none. :bigsmile: