Trustfire XML-T6 2× 18650 (like Ultrafire T90) $20

I created this thread since no thread seems to available for the below deal alert.

Anyone got some info on it. It seems to have a shorter head than a T90. Most of the reviews on Aliexpress are favorable. One isn't.

5 mode next memory 1-0.5-0.15A
Low quality aluminium, pill is thin and has a hole in the centre, please avoid.

The only thing I like is the reflector.

I bought 5 off these thinking they would be good mod hosts. I’m sort of regretting it now. The reflector is very nice though. Its a lot smaller in diameter than the HD2010 but gives a similar beam pattern. Standard they are driven at 2 amps on high and the star is larger than normal. Battery tube is two piece but you cant run a single cell as the lengths are wrong. The spring has to be removed from the driver if protected cells are used. Threads are average. The pill is a funny setup. It has to be removed from the reflector side and is LH thread. Had me fooled for awhile. I have been meaning to do a review on one std and modified at 3 amps but sold the 3 amp light. I will build another but just lacking the motivation as there was quiet a bit of fiddly work in modifying the pill to get it up to spec. If you have any questions or want measurements I’d be more than happy to help out.

Edit since the post above beat me posting. None of mine had a hole in the pill but they really are very average and thin. I pretty much agree with what zeremefico has said.

Mod thread on mine here. Same light, but Uniquefire. Fixed the hole with a "copper insert". 5 amp driver.

Beamshot comparison vs others here.

Its an ok light for 20$. (only paid 15$ for mine, WB kill sale) Personally I prefer throwers with a wider reflector for more spill. (like HD2010, ZY-T13 etc)

Thank you Zeremefico, MRsDNF, and RaceR86. I had already pulled the trigger before I saw Zeremefico's warning. Thanks for trying Zeremefico.

I hear you RaceR. I prefer wider spills too. Faint, but as big as possible.

Well, the light looks easy enough to fix up other than the spill. Thanks again guys.

Done.
20$ is not a big deal to experiment but I am sure there are much better hosts out there.

Yeah, I wish I had seen your warning before I pulled the trigger.

It does look like it has some decent heat sinking. Is that a two part head?

No, the head is one part.

I never did follow up on this thread. I asked the vendor to cancel the sale and he/she agreed and I was refunded. Good customer service. If I can, I will buy from this vendor in the future.

The light is so cheap that I almost didn't cancel, but I decide it would be redundant as it was too much like my DST's. Probably has better heat sinking though.