trying to consolidate all ZeusRay posts

Zeusray has some quality control issues. I got a DOA from them and they are sending me another one.

I think when you try to offer something nice for a cheap price, corners are cut. Maybe they should offer something nice for an affordable price instead. Add $2 to the price to use better parts and not cut corners and still make a profit. After working out the kinks, the Zeusray can be an affordable high quality light for the working class man. Also offering tint options for $2 more would be nice too. $3 if it’s on a Noctigon.

I just got another Convoy M2 host in the mail yesterday and it ended up being the revised 2014 model with the pocket clip. It’s the same exact clip that the Zeusray has LOL.

I agree, i would pay some $ more for an omten switch and a Noctigon/MaxToch/Sinkpad any copper DTP mcpcb really, and a glass lens would be really nice also.

Got my replacement Zeusray in the mail today. That was fast. :santa:

I’m happy to say, during the weekend, they replied and confirmed shipping address to send a replacement light.

I’m going to keep buying these.

I’ll keep buying them too. The Sipik SK68 took the flashlight world by storm a few years back as a awesome affordable pocket flashlight. Everybody wanted one and every flashlight company in China copied it. I believe the Zeusray is the next generation of a awesome affordable pocket flashlight. I hope the other flashlight manufacturers take notice of it.

New review thread: Review: Zeusray FL05518 Domed & De-Domed
specifically on de-doming with screenshots

Does the Zeusray have a low voltage/overdischarge warning?

I want to make the jump to IMR’s but I am worried that I will damage my battery by running the light too long.

I don’t think it has. But I wouldn’t worry too much, once the battery gets down to around 3.0-3.2v it’s easy to tell by eye that it’s ready for charging. Best bet is just take the dive and give it a try. :slight_smile:

are these two the same light?

http://www.dealmetic.com/product.asp?ID=FL02784

http://www.dealmetic.com/product.asp?ID=FL05518

pilotdog — No.
Different “pill” (the piece of metal the driver and LED are mounted in), and different LED

Your first link is to the original (hollow pill, older less bright XM-L T6 LED)
folks here asked for a better one and got it
The second link is to the one we like here (solid, thick metal pill (aka “Soild Pillow Hole”) and XM-L2 (aka “XM-L L2”)

thanks. I love me some solid pillow holes :heart_eyes:

So i just tried to buy this, I went through checkout to the paypal page, logged in, and hit continue. It bumped me straight back to the homepage, and now the light is listed as “backorder” with an option to “pre-order”.

from what I can tell my paypal wasn’t charged, but how do i know if i just “pre-ordered” it or not?

edit: just got an email from paypal saying the payment went through, but no confirmation from the store as to if i bought the item, or just pre-ordered

I think the last one in stock sold today. Check near the end of Chicken Drumstick’s review thread.

Good to know, thanks! Just pulled the trigger on one.

Back in stock; ordered two; there were 13; now there's only 9 :D

Did you get any order confirmation email from them? I never did

No I didn’t either. As long as you have a PayPal record for it, it should be no probs.

I never did also.

No confirmation email, checked out using pp express/no account though.

Yeah I never got an email, it didn’t even have a confirmation page on the website. But it definitely charged my PayPal