【TS10V2 Al available】Wurkkos "slender waist" TS10v2 aluminum version available with black,green,orange

I am looking forward to this, do you have any info you can share?
Even if it’s just the reflector dimensions, and if it’s bumpy or smooth type.

If it is smooth, it could have some incredible throw in a very small light using an Osram W2 (KW CSLPM1.tg)

I was thinking about having a 519A or SFT20, not sure right now

3 Thanks

How about 2 versions, one with a smooth reflector and W2, and one with a textured reflector and 519a.

2 Thanks

It’s not impossible, single reflector combine with RGB aux is different as TIR

1 Thank

I would prefer without aux for the thrower version because of performance, but maybe the aux could be around the emitter and using a translucent centering gasket, so the color is visible through it.

The regular TS10-triple is very floody already, I think the appeal might be the intensity.

There just isn’t a good throwy light of that size that is available currently, with the Lumintop FW1AA being discontinued, and the Convoy T2 being much larger and lower current, despite a similarly sized reflector to the SP10 Pro.

In any case, it would eventually be simple to change it to a TIR depending on user preference, if the bezel is not glued too strongly.

3 Thanks

That’s a good idea. I will consider carefully and feedback to the R&D team

2 Thanks

A great LED to use on the single LED TS10 is the same that’s being used with the TS12 (3535, round light emitting surface LED). It has a very high intensity, the forward voltage and current handling makes it compatible with the FET driver the TS10 already uses (TS12 driver is also FET), and the round luminous surface makes for a clean beam pattern when used alongside TIR optics. I’m using a similar LED on my single LED TS10 build and the beam pattern is perfect. For high CRI the best alternative to date is the 519A, but these round LEDs can be made on high CRI too, and with great results (and almost certainly for cheaper than the 519A), so, using them for high CRI can be a nice alternative.

1 Thank

Just recived my purchase…What a beautiful and small flashlight. I am very surprised by its size and features.

I I thought it would have similar dimensions to my old FW3A, but it’s tiny compared to it.

Really happy now

5 Thanks

They certainly are great little lights… I have way too many of the darn things, :smiling_imp:

1 Thank

Could somebody w the new RGB Aluminium model please do a firmware version check?..

I would like to know which Anduril 2 version the latest V2 ships with. (not the first run Orange V2)

Im also trying to figure out which Turbo Style the latest V2 aluminium ships w by default… is it Anduril 2 style? (iow, 2C from On goes to ceiling, and Turbo can only be reached if the operator Ramps to ceiling first, and then does 2C to reach Turbo)

Hello.

I’m not sure if there’s an specific topic for asking about Anduril 2 queries, so I’ll leave my query here since it’s about my new TS10 v2 ti-co edition.

Is there any way to disable the battery check when flashlight is turned off? I have disabled RGB lights in off and lockout mode, but I always get a battery check for a few seconds.

You can change it in the “Voltage Config” in the battery check.
While off 3C, 7H, release after 2nd flash, then 0C for off

3 Thanks

Thank you so much for reply.

A lot of settings in Anduril 2 and I wasn’t aware of this option either :sweat_smile:

Hey BLFers,
It seems Wurkkos TS10 single version plan would be passed later.
Very very thanks all Wurkkos fans with their great mod

Single reflector
Single TIR
Which emitter and optics would you prefer? Just leave comment ; )

6 Thanks

Great!
OP reflector is a must since smooth brings tint shift a lot.
I am using thefreeman’s aux board with RGB’s in all tiny 14500 reflector lights.
Seems much nicer than TIR

3 Thanks

I like both, but I prefer reflector.
Hopefully it uses a smooth reflector for higher intensity, it is so small that it needs the performance.

I would prefer a CSLPM1 or Nichia 519A, as they are not going to overheat as fast as SFT40 and are very mod-friendly.

2 Thanks

I’ve had pretty consistent tint on my smooth reflector lights, if using domeless emitters. I have put together a W2 TS10-single with very high performance, and have a few lights with dedomed 519A and reflectors (SP10, SC21, Emisar D1v2, etc).

The domed 519a has a bit of tint shift, but I think it’s an acceptable amount, in compromise of the throw increase.

Maybe the 519a version could be OP, and the “max performance” version smooth?

3 Thanks

Domed emitters (519 etc) looks like crap in SMO reflectors.
Only SFT’s and W1/2 (flat, no dome) can look good in this situation. I don’t think Wurkkos will go that route…
OP is somehow good deal in this small package.

2 Thanks

I’ve had decent luck with Nichia domed emitters (especially compared to Cree), something special about the phosphor and dome material.

Either way, I think offering two versions would satisfy 90% of the people interested in one, with a max-intensity smooth and a high-CRI orange peel version. They already do that sort of thing normally, with the different CCT and color options of the regular TS10.

The remaining 10% probably want something special enough that they’d have to get it modded, or do it themselves.

Sadly the OP reflector loses quite a bit of throw if using a small-die emitter like the W1 or W2, because they’re very sensitive to focusing.

3 Thanks

As I already commented on Reddit, my vote is for TIR combined with round die LED.

These LEDs can be made to spec, at pretty much any CCT, and at high CRI, with great results (Yinding 5050 6500K 95 CRI and the FFL505 3500K 95 CRI for instance), they have a good ratio between light output and intensity versus heat generation, which is important for such a small light, and they are really cheap, which is a must for an inexpensive light like the TS10. The SFT40 is too expensive and it generates too much heat for such a small light.

And TIR because it’s easier to implement aux LEDs with them, no need for complicated designs and special LEDs like it’s needed for aluminium reflector lights, which is also a point for budget oriented products. Size is an important aspect too, and the single TIR doesn’t add much to the length of the light. Also, aux + TIR looks awesome.

Size comparison, single vs standard TS10.

Aux comparison, standard vs single.

8 Thanks