【TS10V2 Co release soon】Wurkkos "slender waist" TS10v2 copper available next week with 3000k&4000K

I’m a real fan of R9 as it makes people look more like actual living humans than Simpsons or zombies. It’s utterly essential for medical work and practically mandatory for a lot of camera work because blood is red, and thus has a huge effect on skin tone that is relevant for both medical diagnosis and general aesthetics.

Note that the TS10 in the top-left is a V1 with the older CSP2323’s. Here’s what Zeroair got on a 4000K V1;

96/91 is a lot better than 90/52. It averages out to about 70, but actually hits an uncanny valley as it does most colors fairly naturally while screwing up what is arguably the most important one. I can handle CRI 79 lighting better than 9050 as it’s at least blatantly unnatural.

Next to it is the old “Dogfarts” LH351D, which looks greener than it’s high duv suggests because in addition to tint, it has no red to counter the green. The Cree (center-left) is straight-up low-CRI, and the 219c next to it is also 9050. The old V1 TS10’s could hang with the 9080 Nichia’s in the bottom row and right column, but it seems that this new batch can’t.

As for the CRI number itself, It doesn’t help that many parts of the world use Re (R1-14) for CRI while North America tends to use Ra (R1-8). So I take all CRI numbers with a grain of salt unless they either specify which range they are using, append an R9 value, or simply show a graph like what you get from a Colormunki.

TL:DR - The CSP2323 isn’t what it used to be. It used to be a small-footprint 519a with neutral tint and 9080 color rendering, and now it’s a small Dogfart.

8 Thanks