【TS10V2 Al available】Wurkkos "slender waist" TS10v2 aluminum version available with black,green,orange

You don’t have a 4000K TS10 yet? Oh my. Get one no matter what, it’s just effing fantastic.

And yes, I second your FC13+SFT40 rec, great outdoors light, good throw with very usable spill.

:fire::fire::fire:Wurkkos TS10 TI available now. There are more discounts and exquisite gifts waiting for you to choose.:fire::fire::fire:

website link:

https://www.wurkkos.com/.../【new-release��

Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CHF13MHB?ref=myi_title_dp

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CHF1NQBK?ref=myi_title_dp

Aliexpress link and code-- TS10TID7:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256805846009616.html

2 Thanks

I won’t buy because i’m not so interested in Titanium but congrats to Wurrkos for the success of TS10 model, it seems to be a big success :+1:

Apologies to everyone for the hasty and now deleted posts, my excuse is that I was camped at the computer waiting for the promo to begin and hadn’t had my morning coffee yet :smiley:

I’m very very picky about tint at 4000K. Positive or neutral duv looks way too green for me, and I only like 4000K when it has a negative duv. So I opted for 6000K instead, because green is fine at that color temperature.

Would be nice if there was a 5000K or 4500K version, because those are a lot less tint sensitive. Most LEDs in this range look pretty neutral, even if they’re a bit green.

Yes, the TS10 LEDs are very neutral, I also like the cooler option
Imgur

neither CCT has DUV below the BBL, for that you would need to look into swapping in a dedomed 519a, or an sw45K:
Imgur
Imgur

MasterNate has designed a 3535 mcpcb for the TS10:
Imgur

2 Thanks

Minus green works great with the TS10. 4000k is quite nice with it.

Heads up to modders, Wurkkos’ website has a gread deal on bare LEDs. In particular 519A 5000k are just $1.50 each.

Got a titanium TS10 on the way!

1 Thank

My 4000k are not greenish but we know the LED’s are not all equal. I have to check with LM3 and give you a feedback

Directly from the “ignorance is not bliss” department:

OK, I know what cooler and neutral means, and also CCT. But DUV? BBL? Can someone please illuminate (pun intended) me, or point me towards some reference where I can learn about that?

TIA!

Or E21A emitters, I just put some 4500K in my TS10 and the DUV is -0.0044, but a bit cooler than I was expecting.

BBL= Black Body Line

DUV is the deviation from the BBL +/-

3 Thanks

BBL is the dotted line. Delta U/V (duv) is distance from that line. CCT basically measures from yellow to blue, while duv measures from pink to green. And I don’t like lemongrass tints, so I want my 4000K well under the BBL. I highlighted the region I like.

Positive duv (greener tint) is generally acknowledged as being okay for colder CCTs though, which is why LED bins shift upward in that part of the spectrum. Perception of “white” does not exactly match the BBL… it tends to go above BBL at high CCTs and below BBL at middle CCTs.

Related, the pink line there is the range of colors I can get by combining 1A and 8A tint bins. The color space is curved, but the mix follows a straight line… so mixing warm and cold lights is one of the easiest ways to get negative duv.

2 Thanks

Thanks for the pointers and explanations @Mandrake50 and @Toykeeper – turns out there’s still a lot of things I need to know before being able to consider myself a true flashlight maniac :wink: But seriously, much obliged.

hey terry is the thread pitch, and thickness the same on TI, as on the CU, and ALU versions?

Imgur

the term neutral has 2 meanings, it refers both to Tint and Color Temperature. Most people misuse the term Neutral Tint, when they mean Neutral Color Temperature

The LEDs in the TS10 have Neutral Tint, as shown by the dot near the BBL…aside from coming in either Neutral White or Cool White Color Temperatures:
Imgur

1 Thank

What does BBL stand for? Big Black Line? :slight_smile:

Black Body Line aka Black Body Radiator line

it refers to a Black Body Radiator that is used as the reference source, in this case an Incandescent Bulb is the Black Body Radiator used as a reference for CCT below 5000K…

Above 5000K the Black Body Radiator reference is Sunlight, which as you can see by the jog in the BBL, has a higher Tint DUV than 0.0000…

Sunlight has a nominal Tint DUV of 0.0032. I say nominal, because it actually varies, depending on time of day and whether the sky is overcast…

So technically, above 5000K the Neutral Tint line is not at DUV 0.0000, which is actually a reference to the Incandescent source.

iow, Sunlight has greener Tint than Incandescent light… This is why a cool white light can have green tint that goes unnoticed when used by someone during the day, when their brain is White Balanced AND Tint Balanced, to Sunlight.

1 Thank

Thanks! I faintly remember from my physics studies that Black Body was an “ideal” radiator, and that its behavior showed problems in regard to the predictions of late-19th century classical physics that ended up leading to the initial development of quantum mechanics.

Interesting to see it used for that application.

Interesting to note that in the graph TK just posted, there is no jog… is it showing the same thing? Or perhaps it’s a difference of scale (eg, log/linear etc)?

From that reference:

The Correlated Color Temperature (CCT) is often used to represent chromaticity of white light sources, but chromaticity is two-dimensional, and another dimension, the distance from the Planckian locus, is often missing.

OK, so it’s CCT in one axis and DUV in the other. But re: the graphs TK and Jon have posted, that doesn’t seem to be the way they are organized…

Wikipedia’s entry for Planckian Locus shows a different graph, similar to what I’m used to see in flashlight reviews:

The Wikipedia article also states that The Planckian locus, the path that the color of a black body takes as the blackbody temperature changes, is often shown in this standard chromaticity space.

Aha! So the BBL is basically the same thing as that Planckian locus.

But regarding @jon_slider graphs and explanations, again I see no “jog” in the line on that graph, not near the 5000K point or anywhere else.

So, what am I missing?