Turnigy Accucel-6 charges to 4.33V. OK?

Hey all!

I tried to search but I couldn’t find anything useful. Anyway, I recently bought the Turnigy Accucel-6 charger, and I’m worried about something. The charger is charging my li-ion batteries to 4.33V (It shows 4.20V on the display). It’s probably not enough to make the battery go bom, but won’t it shorten it’s lifetime? Or is it OK?

Thanks!

I think you might need to recalibrate it. Guide here.

Well, that’s the problem. Newer models can unfortunately not be calibrated using the method shown in the video. That’s why I wrote here. If I hold the buttons like in the video and connect the plug, it just shows the start screen (“TURNIGY”) and continues. Sadly, there’s no calibration menu. Not what I can find anyway…

Thanks!

Guess you need some 3400 mAh Panasonics :slight_smile:

I think those are 4.2 not 4.35...

i got some of ebay panasonics and it does same thing , either my cheap multimeter isnt accurate or the turnigy isnt accurate, after much reading it comes uncalibrated state but still it is only .01 of difference or 0.2 different which isnt much.

Go to the user set program menu. Push start. Use /- keys to get to Lipo 3.7v. Push start again. Use/- keys & set on LiIo 3.6v (options are Life 3.2v, LiIo3.6v & Lipo 3.7v . Push start again. Then push stop. As a general rule standard Li-Ions should final at 4.2v +/- .05v. It will not hurt them to under charged. Use the LiIon 3.6v setting until you can check with a reliable DMM. HTH :slight_smile:

Sh*t, I just ordered a Accucel from HobbyKing too, do you mean to say they removed the calibration feature? WTH?

what did is get a new sanyo battery 1.33 volts on my multi meter but on turnigy reds 1.50 so i go +.2 on it should be accurate now

Hi all. I just got my Turnigy in the mail today and had no trouble getting into the calibration menu. Just keep holding the buttons until the calibration screen appears, and you’re good to go.

To Review:

1. Power off the Turnigy
  2. Hold down the Start button and the Minus button simultaneously.
  3. Plug the power supply back in.
  4. KEEP HOLDING THE BUTTONS DOWN! Then wait
  5. Voila! There’s the calibration screen!

Isn’t life god?

Also, I use the LiPo battery type which defaults to 3.7 - the same as the 18650 and 26650 batteries. It works just fine, and you’re giving it the full charge, not skimping out. I actually read that somewhere in this forum.

Here you go:

[video:www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpod85T3Lsg]

No matter how long I keep holding the button, nothing happens… No calibration menu :slight_smile:

Your Accucel-6 also seems different to older revision ones in terms of display - it has black letters on light blue, while older revision had white letters on dark blue. Maybe they (Turnigy) changed their supplier/manufacturer?

You need to try ALL 4 of my instruction steps above. In your video (good job, by the way!), you didn’t unplug it and plug it back in. The calibration menu is called ONLY when you are holding those two buttons down WHILE YOU PLUG IN THE TURNIGY POWER SUPPLY. That’s how it knows to go into calibration mode. Here it is again:

1.Power off the Turnigy (UNPLUG the POWER SUPPLY)
2.Hold down the Start button and the Minus button simultaneously.
3.Plug the power supply back in.
4.KEEP HOLDING THE BUTTONS DOWN! Then wait
5.Voila! There’s the calibration screen!

Before I started filming I plugged in the charger and then unplugged it. Then I started filming and plugged the charger back in, I unplugged the whole power adapter, I didn’t unplug it from the charger. Same thing, different way. It still doesn’t work. And yes, I did hold BOTH buttons while plugging the charger back in with my foot, I just pressed one first and then the other one. There’s no calibration menu :wink:

EDIT: Ah, I see I wrote BUTTON and not BUTTONS, but yeah I did hold both buttons :frowning:

EDIT 2:
Some comments from the reviews on HobbyKing:

Measuredpath 7/12/2012 3:24:00 AM
The newer releases do not offer the ability to calibrate which is a real shame.

Srdjann 7/26/2012 9:56:00 PM
that, in this latest edition of the charger, calibration option is turned off, too bad: (

Customer 7/29/2012 5:48:00 PM
The new version can not be calibrated

I was so hoping it would work for you, Slacker. So sorry I kept insisting. I must have gotten one of the last ones from a previous revision, and maybe you can check with their customer service to see about an exchange? Sometimes you have to knock on my head another 30 times BEFORE I get it, at least that’s what my wife says!