Two 26650s Worth Looking At

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1800-Lumens-CREE-XML-XM-L-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-26650-/170894133401?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ca158899

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CREE-XM-L-XML-T6-LED-1600-Lumen-18650-26650-Flashlight-Torch-Lamp-Hot-EA-/360534383642?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item53f1861c1a

Hard to argue with $16.80. Looks like a decent light but 1800 lumens? Come on China lol

We all know about China Lumens, ha, but I have one. It is a UltraOk, well built, nice aluminum reflector, 4 aaa, 18650, or a 26650. Good light for a newbie, and yes, inexpensive…divide the lumens by 3…

That top one, the UltraOK, has a whole long thread devoted to it. Nice light. i have two, but beware of the hollow heatsink.

-Garry

Hey, garry, just read all of the thread, very interesting. Some guys spent a lot of time modding this thing, and it does appear to be underdriven and a big heatsink problem. I guess I will play with it later on, but thanks for posting the info link…Happy New Year!

Yeah, it suddenly shorts out, draws 9 amps out of your cheapo Li-ion Ebay special, and KKKABOOM, RIP…

The very least you should do is pull up the emitter and move the thermal grease to the star's edge at the rim it sits on. This should be fine if you use 4AAA's only (all that I've done so far). Best thing to do is plug the hollow heatsink with some kind of slug - then and only then are you safe to run 18650's or 26650's (extended periods on high anyway). This is my plan yet to be done. I paid about $21 for mine. That's a great price in that link.

-Garry

It's a great light on 4AAA's and great to gift to non-flashaholics.

-Garry

The 4AAA option makes this a great light for a gift for the non flashaholic. Depending on how it is, I might have to get another for modding.
I already have an HD2010 on the way, so this would be mainly a modding host for me.

And driver? Is 17mm?

probably no good, huh?

Drivers 20mm if I remember correctly.

Yeah, it's a thrower, very similar to the HD2010 refector size. It's just not going to throw amazingly well on the 4AAA's. Still very impressive to non-flashaholics.

-Garry

bought one from same seller… brighter than my C8 and can throw far too… not a bad light for that price
:slight_smile:

Yeah, you can just wrap it with paper or something like that.

Comes with a plastic battery adapter, works ok. About the 4 AAAs, you can not use just any AAAs with the provided battery holder, I used rechargables with full negative bottom exposure. Some Major Brand Alkalines, have a very restricted contact area and the battery adapter does not work well on those…FYI

Mine came with the 18650 sleeve, but I bought from a different seller. I made sure to write a note saying please be sure to include the 18650 adapter and 4AAA carrier. 3/4 in. PVC water pipe or better yet 3/4 in. electrical conduit (plastic) works great as an 18650 adapter.

-Garry