Typical Chinese inconsistency ? A bit more than expected.

PLB-55A for the most part have a good rep.However, I had 2 X Orbtronic 26650 5750mAh go bad prematurely.Odds are good they use that cell. Regardless of the manufacturer, we are still going to get some underperforming and bad batteries.

For 26650 there are not many choices. Stick with PLB-55A and lose a little output with my modified lights or get more Golisi/Aspire and slightly more output. I will stick with the former. The difference in output would never be noticeable by the human eye anyway.I am not chancing getting unpredictable batteries that last under 1 year!
The Vapcell 26650 G53 was tested by MOOCH and is close to the specs of PLB-55A. I just bought two more of those yesterday. And have two from last February so far they are performing okay. Time will tell.

Liion listed PLB-55A as 11A CDR, I remembered it can go 15A CDR? (I could be wrong)

This is really hard to understand—how can a basic specified dimension such as length not be met?

Looks like it’s the protection circuits that are causing the height variations. Which makes sense of course since base cell should be the same height in all cases.

In my 14500 picture, the Hixon and Keeppower 14500 are protected 14500.
The PKCell (blue) and Sanyo (red-pink) are flat-tops.

The rest (the 2 different-length Sofirn 14500, VBatty, Soshine are button-tops and they differ slightly in length, with one of the Sofirn 14500 battery being markedly shorter.