UF-1405 XHP-70 retina burner

I wonder how long it would be before your pic is use to advertise a 3W, 2000 lumen, luxbrite, 18650 zoomie… 0:)

If you mean my pics :open_mouth: , that’s fine…………… dodgy pics for a dodgy product :wink:

KawiBoy1428 shaved and frosted his XHP70.

Nice!!

That might work well in the UF-1405. I might try that when I get brave enough.

lol. I mean Cyrus’ pics of the mountain.

Hmm never thought of putting one in a Zoomie?

Before and after using a guide I made up… Dome on Frosted…… Shaved for throw… Crappy phone camera pics, but pretty impressive in person the difference it makes!

Thanks KB1428.

I can definitely see myself ordering another XHP70 and trying this.

Just wish it wasn’t such a pain having to file down the Sinkpad to get it to fit in a UF-1405.

Yeah 16mm and 20mm some choices huh? Me I wish they would make (Noctigons) bigger MCPCB’s, so I could open the shelf up to a bigger diameter, and the leads would clear the reflector base’s? Getting tired of cutting down reflector’s!! :frowning: Struggle on my brother!! :bigsmile:

Sinkpad XHP70 6V 16mm Copper MCPCB

Thanks Jubeldum.

I saw that, but unfortunately out of stock and I’d have to mount the emitter………that’d take some practice for me to get it right.

Wish there was a mass produced 16mm for the XHP70. It really goes well with the UF-1405.

It’s The Death Star!

Nice light! The UF-1405 has en extension tube?

2x 26650 Big Bro UF-1405 Zoomie Flashlight Host - 2x26650

Hi Dez. Nice build! :wink: If possible, check the consistency in output of your build. I’ve found that Qlites, 6V LEDs & High Drain batteries does not work well together as the 7135 chips overheat while burning off the excess watts. Not saying you’ll have the issue, but just check that your output stays close to consistent over 30-60 seconds. Overheating will cause the output to drop dramatically.

Edit: My solution to the overheating issue is direct driven setups by managing amps with wire thickness, lower drain batteries, not braiding springs (if necessary).

I would like to buy a light like this if someone has one to offer and the price is reasonable. Please PM me if you have one for sale.

Thanks for the tips Shrick.

I tried leaving this light on it’s highest mode for several minutes and the output didn’t change in brightness or hue.
It only got a little bit warm. The UF-1405 is fair chunk of metal.

:wink: The overheating issue is in the driver itself, not the flashlight. The driver cannot get rid of the burnt off heat quick enough which causes the 7135 chips to overheat & initiate thermal throttling which drops the regulated amperage. I’m quite surprised that you don’t have the issue, more so because the forward voltage of the XHP-70 is lower than that of the MT-G2 which should worsen the overheating effect.

It might be your batteries that have more voltage sag than full blown high drain cells, but… I’m still kind of doubting if this is the case with your Soshines. So, not really sure why you’re not seeing the issue.

Anyway, I’m glad you’re ok. You can do some more reading about this issue here.

Mmm, I believe you might just, unintentionally, have a very good thermal path between the driver / 7135 chips and the pill… PS: I also remember now the host I’ve used in my MT-G2 built had a brass pill. Yours has an aluminium pill which is better with heat transfer… might be that.

It is partially intentional. The UF-1405 pill has a pressed in brass ring inside the aluminium pill.

I used a fair amount of solder to solder it to the driver earth ring (to which the 7135 heatsink/earth tab connects).

When I’m happy with the driver I chose to use, I’ll try to solder it all the way around the ring for maximum thermal connectivity.