UF-1504, 1503, 1505 - multiple LED's tested for throw (just what you have been waiting for!!!)

17mm buck driver, 3S input, 4A output, no components on spring side. I think that's something that doesn't exist! The pill is brass so solder something in.

Funnily enough I did solder one in on another pill, but though I’d ask the question , as screwing it/clamping ig with collar is so much easier if things go wrong

OK, then so can you point me towards a 3s buck driver in 17mm J can solder in that gives 4-5 amps

MTN-MAXlp HP

I’ll have to check the spec on that one again. I thought I read it was only good for 1amp, as replacement for OEM driver

How the hell did I miss that ! I trawled Richards site a few tkmes before pisting, and FastTech… doh

OK, so settled on the MTN Max HP as suggested, that I should have seen myself any way.

So now to choose the LED.

What I need to decide is which LED and what max driver current

Before I go and make a mistake can someone tell me if this will be OK, trying to go after max throw…tint un important to me at the moment.

From my reading this thread the XP-G2 seems the one to go for de domed. Or the XP-G3 ?

I guess getting Richard to do the de dome for me is the safest bet! I have had success de doming in the past , but have also killed two or three too.

I will be ordering from Richard at Mountain Electronics as he will be sending my M6 back shortly, so hope he can include all in the same box.

XP-G*’s that Richard has on his site are:
XPG2-1D
XPG2-S3-3D
XPG2-S4-2B
XPG3-S5-3A

I was planning on ordering the driver at a 4 amp max…could I go higher. This is in the 1508 host

Think I’ll be .running 3 series 18650’s ?

I have spare pills so will keep the original pills as standard and play with the others for comparison beam shots

Hopefully this tread isn’t dead…

I’ve bought me a 1405 and I’m about to mod it, and Mtn-maxi driver for sure…and probably this led:

http://intl-outdoor.com/noctigon-xp16-v2-mcpcb-cree-xpg2-s2-1d-led-p-838.html

Any thoughts??
And is there other things to consider?? Like new high current switch e.t.c.

Morty.

XP-L V6 1A
Hot Dedomed – 107900 lx at 5.82A for 361 kcd

XP-G2 S4 2B
Hot Dedomed – 137000 lx at 3.76A for 458 kcd

XP-G2 S3 1C
Hot Dedomed – 127000 lx at 4.05A for 425 kcd

Can someone help me understand why the hot de-domed XP-G2 is so much brighter than the XP-L… despite drawing less current? Aren’t these two emitters using the same die?

thanks!!

XP-L die size is the same as XML-2.

Oh OK… got it. thanks

How about that mtn-maxi with 12v ramp to drive the xhp35hi in this tourch?

Any thoughts?

I run one of my three UF-1508’s with MTN Max HP with x3 18650’s at 4 amps.

really can’t remember what LED i used though. but it is one from the list in my earlier post…. sorry…and I never did my beam shots either. but 3 cells is great for a good long run time, and allows the use of cheaper cells …as they are all having less current drain.

I bought x3 1508’s and made a 1 cell, a 2 cell and a 3 cell version.

Sorry I can’t be more help other than to state the obvious that run time is increased :frowning:

That is what I did 2.5A to the XHP35 HI. Don’t remember what number I got.

Does Cree make a factory de-domed XP-G2?

For reference I built an XHP35 HI 1504 and at a bit under 3A it does 250kcd for 1000m of throw.

In other words it best to go for that xpg2 s4 2b…

Mtn-maxi hp 5.1a driver and this led in an uf-1405 should be a hell of a tourch I belive! :wink:

Texas-Avenger: do you have a driver that will do me good? As in the specs mentioned above…
Pm. me if so, and we could do some business! :slight_smile:

Buck drivers are a black art at this point. I kind of doubt that we will be able to improve much on the specs of the mtnmax…

For max through the XP-G2 is basically always the best option, I just don’t like the low output so I go with XP-L HI or XHP35 most of the time.

Do you have a suitable driver for my uf-1405 (2S 8.4V) if I would go for an xhp35hi then?

I belive in that led, but It seem to be lack of “juice” when in use with a boost driver…am I right?

The XHP35 needs 4S, you would need to use 4x 26350’s like I did.

I used a Texas Avenger driver for mine. Zener modded (but I now have an LDO PCB listed that I would use). It is just an FET only driver as I am using it but with the duty turned down to around 75% it works great. RMM sells some drivers that would work as well, it is nothing fancy.

Now I do have a driver I am prototyping that could really work well for things like this but it still has a ways to go before it is ready.