Uhh... Hi Everybody...

I probably should have done this earlier, but hi I’m Ratus a long time lurker and refugee from CPF.
I left when they added the “Budget Light” ghetto.

I’ve lurked BLF on and off since then. I started to lurk r/flashlight in early 2016, then joined BLF and reddit shortly afterwards.

I’ve been posting as Ratus_ on r/flashlight regularly since then, spreading the cult joy of the BLF A6 to those who need enlightenment. (Just got another one the other day. :smiley: )

In a few short years I’ve gone from an infrequent collector and relative novice with electronics to LED swaps and assembling my own drivers / lighted tailcaps from parts.

I even got a few on r/flashlight to flash custom firmwares and one to start modifying them. (Thanks again Kaybi for the modified D4 firmware.)

So I may not have posted a lot, but I’m always watching… :wink:

It's good to have you here, Ratus!

Thanks.

I’m also a fan of Kershaw knives.

A Cryo from 2013 is still my EDC. It replaced a Mini-Cyclone.

Welcome, and from a fellow Kershaw fan, try the skyline… I’m a bit biased, but I think it is about the best EDC knife created that I found so far in the $0-130ish range

Welcome to Buy More Lights.

…no…

Mod More Lights.

…no - BLF!

Yes, that’s it :beer:

Hi how are you doing Ratus? Welcome to BLF! :partying_face:

Welcome to blf Ratus

Welcome to BLF Ratus!

Welcome to BLF Ratus! Looks like you have a lot of experience building flashlights.

Curious, did you put a lighted switch in your Convoy C8 with the Moonlight Special driver and BLF A6 firmware? Reason why I ask is that I had a heck of time doing that in my S2+, but eventually got it to work.

Thanks and yes I did.

But the reverse mode switching hasn’t worked right, I just found out that it needs a 6.9kΩ resistor to function correctly.

Your welcome! :slight_smile: Let me know if 6.9K ohms works for you too if you modify it. Mine was super finicky. Changing the resistor in the lighted switch to adjust the brightness impacted the functionality and required me to change the bleeder resistor. So 6.9K ohms may, or may not work for you.

Hi and welcome to BLF Ratus.

Hi Ratus. Spydercos are nice too :open_mouth:

Welcome. Its a great place to spend time.

Welcome. Its a great place to spend time waste money. :stuck_out_tongue:

Then you are in good company. That particular demographic formed much of the early core of BLF.

Welcome aboard!