Ultimate Budget Thrower

I'm always amazed how just the word thrower brings a crowd to any thread ...

The best thrower i have is the ultrafire mcu-c-88 3AA q5 light it's almost too much throw for me ..the thought of modding it with a neutral xpg is making much more sense to me .. Second best throwers are the 7$ woot 2 DD Q5 mag lite look alikes .I keep one by the front and back doors for varmit spotting and blunt trauma.(great thrower and overall light for the price)

My best thrower (most effective) at this moment is still the HS-802 driven at 1.4A from stock.

For my daughter, who didn't fancy the precautions that LiIons demand, I bought the C-88, but it's quite a bit behind. Not so bad if you want a wider than HS-802 hotspot, but then a large reflectored XM-L may do the job better.

If you really want a "pencil" (hotspot without spill), the best is a flashlight with an aspheric lens or a recoil LED flashlight.

If you want a versatil light source, flood for lightening 1st ground (foreground?) of a picture and pencil light to enlight only the shapes or some points = flood to throw ("zoom") flashlight with aspheric lens.

By "pencil" I mean as narrow beam as possible. Small amount of spill doesn't harm.

I have also one recoil thrower, but it has wider hotspot than HS-802.

From left to right: KD RQ, HS-802, Ultrafire WF-008

Battery in WF-008 might not be 100% charged, so please ignore the brightness. Image is here just for comparing the hotspot size.

This is the dereelight DBS aspheric and the Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1, XR-E with a head diameter of 5.6cm.

asd

SniperHawgLights sells a pressure switch tailcap for their Destroyer. They also sell their Eliminator switch for the Destroyer. Fits the HS-802.

I just got one of these. Pretty nice so far..

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-18wg-t60-xm-lt6-5-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-memory-flashlight-black-1-x-18650-91091

So, I finally got around to picking up the FF v6. It's a fairly functional light, good design but build quality is a bit suspect. Battery tube not drilled down the center, and anodizing hilarious missing in some places inside. Emitter MBPCB is screwed down, though. Very light weight, opposite of the hefty 3*XML lights or X9. Performance is quite good (thus functional). The hotspot is slightly larger than X9 despite larger head, but much brighter nonetheless. Relative throw performance:

MRV (1A): 100
X9 (2A): 100 (spot is like 4 times larger than mrv)
3800 3*XML: 75 (>10 times larger than mrv)
STL-V6 (aka skyray stl-v2): 200

Buy this if you want to use it, not for display. X9 is better in that regard.