Ultimate LED Bulbs - Ultra High CRI - The Honorable Quest

Thanks, that one looks good for the price.

Received few gu10 and mr16 ExpertColor lamps from Ebay storeā€™s.
Very nice tint, may be slightly better, that from Soraa Vivid 3000K.
Good optics (36 grad).
Color reproduction - very nice for LED lamp (not as good , as from my etalon bulbs, Osram halogen 3000K and Solux halogen 3500K, but very close and better than many other CRI90+ lamps).
Temperture after 25ā€¦30min of work :
gu10 5.5w 230v : approx. +50ā€¦+53 (Seek Thermal xr),
6.5w 12v : approx +61+63, +60 on foto, 1min after off and removed from fixture (ambient temp. : +20 ā€¦+21).

1) philips Expertcolor gu10 5.5w in open fixture, Wofi Minit , after30min
2) philips Expertcolor mr16 6.5w in Ikea desk lamp
3) || 1min after off and removed from fixture

What is the easiest E27 high CRI bulb to acquirer in the UK, without high costs?

I have the Philips ExpertColour GU10s in some places, but they donā€™t seem to have a ExpertColour E27.

FEIT Electric OM60DM/930CA/4
$2.47/bulb

I am going to do an experiment. I have a ton of Lee minus Green (804). I am going to see what happens if I open these up and add a minus green filter to them.

Hereā€™s an amazing tunable high CRI bulb of the ā€œfutureā€. Tech would need to trickle down to households but itā€™s an interesting read.

Update: Iā€™ve replaced 6 bulbs so far because of major flickering issues (at full brightness or any range). Disappointing.

Iā€™ve contacted their customer support to see if theyā€™ll send replacements.

When you say full brightness is it still on a dimmer? I could never get the flicker out on my dimmer either and Lutron are regarded as some of the best dimmers for LED

These particular ones are on a Lutron Caseta dimmer. PD-6WCL i believe. I have no flickering or anything during dimming, they get really low before just simply turning off. Theyā€™re just randomly failing, probably crappy caps.

But it only allows changing CCT, which already exist. I wish it allows tweaking DUV also.

It can tweak to Duv as well and even adjusts based on LED age (by detecting fwd voltage) to maintain 1 step eclipse. It can dim through wireless commands or via in wall dimmer which detects waveform.

I love improved tech, but this sounds like it crosses a line into overly complex.

Are there any R7S LED bulbs worth recommending?

Interesting name. Feit. Fate. Ill fated? :person_facepalming: :wink: :smiley:

Iā€™ve really been out of the hobby for lack of time since early Mayā€¦ Just moved into a new house and as any true lighting snob would, despised most of the bulbs/fixtures currently installed. Really wishing a truly good and affordable bulb becomes available soon. I still have a handful of Great Value bulbs waiting to get emitter swaps with SunLike 3030s. Also have really been desiring a truly good variable CCT (but not RGB) bulb. Ideally a smart bulb (circadian) that has a time/calendar/latitude programming maybe via BT or even one-time flashing via USBā€¦

Gave the 600 lumen version of these a try, and it seems to have mad tint shift. The edges of the beam are outright orange on this set of them. Iā€™m also getting more glare than I expected, but it might be just the beam being a bit narrower (36Ā°).

That being said, found a 3000k Luminus 50W equivalent dimmable 90+CRI 40Ā° GU10 claiming 71 lm/w (as opposed to the 80 lm/w that the 600 W Ledare claims) that seems to be pretty good.

Not seeing it online, but the model name in-store was Luminus Elite+ LED.

StarLike (tssss, it is the secret):

Crowdfunding of mass model of SunLike bulb (TRI-R) ā€” Crowdfunding of mass model of SunLike bulb (TRI-R) updated 02.05.2021

Iā€™d be very interested to hear more about these StarLike bulbs. Is this the next evolution of your SunLike bulbs? Still using the Seoul/Toshiba SunLike 3030ā€™s/COBs?

Lidl have some E27 2700k 806Lm bulbs Ā£3.49 for 2 pack. They are advertised as Ra >=97 but they are just an awful yellow hue, not the normal white/orange but more a bright yellow colour.

Livarno Lux branded
OWIM GmbH
HG06289A
IAN 339473_1910

Iā€™d like to make a web app for this list that is a searchable, filterable list and includes spectrum data/charts. Right now Iā€™m using the X-Rite Colormunki Photo, but Iā€™d really like to be able to chart beyond 730nm. The much more expensive Sekonic meters only go to 780nm. The only competing product Iā€™ve found that goes beyond is an aliexpress find for $1550 called the Hopoocolor OHSP350S that covers 350-950nm, or they have an integrating sphere setup with sensors that cover 200-1100nm, model HPCS6500, for the low low price of $7k.

Any options that Iā€™m not aware of that would allow accurate, repeatable capture beyond 350-750nm?