Ultrafire 26650 - Dead?

Hi,

I ordered my first “Strong Flashlight” which came with 4xUltrafire 26650 batteries and a charger. To be exact it the set looks like here:

Battery: Ultrafire CN 26650 7200mAH 3.7V
Charger: HG-1206LI

Yesterday night i used the batteries in my flashlight and had it turned on untill the flashlight started to fade.
After pulling out the batteries to re-charge it seems that 2 of the 4 batteries do not charge at all.
When putting the “dead” batteries in the charger even the green light indicater dis-apears together with the red?

I read some forum posts about re-starting the bateries however i am not sure it would fit my case?

Put a tape on plus and minus and recycle it.

The same with the charger.

Both are at my opinion bullshit.

Regards Xandre

Ultrafire cells are dangerous, poor performing, falsely advertised junk. Do not buy or use them.

I would not trust the charger either.

When dealing with Liion cells and chargers in general, never buy something that has not been rigorously tested by a trusted member of the community and do your research to determine the best cell and charger for what you need.

Notice they say they are 7200mA. There are NO 7200mA 26650 batteries. This kind of deception is typical of Ultrafire products.
You’ve been taken. That was your first mistake. You didn’t do your research before you bought.
You next mistake would be to try to keep them going.
Do a lot of reading, get a decent charger and batteries. Go from there.

Even if those batteries were working properly, you’d be lucky if you got 1500 to 2000 mAh’s out the them. The charger is a joke as well

Those batteries were dead before you even used them. Get a pair of decent 26650. And a cheap good chsefer to get you started is the single bay liito Kala 100 can be had for like $3 and it won’t burn your house down. Both the current charger you have and those batteries could easily burn your house down if you continue to use them. You wouldn’t ve the first or last to have cheap Chinese chargers or batteries catch fire. If you do continue which I highly don’t recommoned. Get a 1gallpn freezer bag and fill it with sand. Hang it a few inches above the charger so if/when it malfunctions the sand will put out the fire before it spreads. Might not prevent it when the battery explodes. The new chemistries are way much safer. The company that makes the ultrafire cells doesn’t have the technology to produce anything but the old ICR cells. Which are known for problem. I already gave you a good charger that is safe. There are 26650 batteries for 6-10$ and will last you 500-1000 charge cycles

+1 what they said.

Thank you all for the replies! Case clear and in time as the house did not burn down! :slight_smile:

looking at ordering 4 Keeppower protected 26650 batteries and am aiming for the charger: LIITOKALA LII-500 so i could charge all of them at once.

Make sure the Keeppower are not too long for the flashlight. With 4 batteries in series (?) differences in length will add up.

You can only charge two 26650 in the LIITOKALA LII-500 at the same time there is no space for four.

Opus BT-C1000 can do the trick.

yes recycle the cells AND the charger.had one like that one a neighbor got with a vape mod.he leaned against a fridge while putting batteries in it and got bit.
70k resistance from ac line to the sliders.i stomped on it and threw it in the trash.

One more thing if you have friends who use ultrafire cells stop them.

Friends don’t let friends use ultrafires…

I’ve even given a cell or two to people and taken there crapfires away

The liito Kala 26650 are the new hot cells right now 4 for $20 on gb over 5000mah. Some work in series some don’t. I took a small knife and bent the top prongs up barely to make contact instead of a magnet or solder blob. Now they work perfectly in the l6, s70,and a blf surprise soon prototype xhp 70 hd2010