UltraFire F13 mod issue ~ mini review included

Are you using thick wires on the DMM? I don’t use the stock leads for high current tests. (above 1A)

freeme, can you tell me approximately how thick the LED shelf is? Thanks!

I guess it’s probably about the normal thickness, actually what I’m a little more interested in is how the back of the head area is organized. Retention for the driver, backspacing of the driver… does the light end up being the same length as other F13’s which have screw-in pills?

I tried with 20R and I am getting 3.8A with stock leads. Thick wires should give higher value I guess.

1.5mm maybe? I sold all my F13s.

Don’t forget the tail spring solder braid mod…that helps quite a bit too

at 4A you are rapidly approaching the too high a current for the clicky itself…remember all that current flows thru that little switch too

What will happen if the current is too high for the tailcap? Sparks? Electric leak/ shock?

With regular 18650 cells, it can own achieve 3.1A with same mod. I no longer own the light, guess I do not have to worry about it.

A. heat up the spring, collapse spring
B. heat up the internals of the clicky and burn out the contacts
C. heavily reduce current flow to driver and then to emitter

This applies to most flashlights that push higher than 4A or more, usually not that big an issue with stock stuff…but if you start hot-rodding it can become an issue

Thanks for sharing your knowledge for the high current impact on tailcap. I will be more careful for next round of mod.

UltraFire F13 has been restocked at WB. I guess they are preparing for another round of price war.
WB UF-F13 link

searching

Do you have a mod to share? You could do a build thread.

Get FET driver if you need more power. Too time consuming for stacking that much chips.