Ultrafire HD2010 (easylightbuy) 1x18650 / 26650

Hmm…crap, I’ll have to look into this. Maybe I can stack them on the side that contacts the battery, and just add a brass/copper post to reach above the 7135 chips. Although it seems as though if they are soldered on real carefully they can fit inside the pill.

bought this 17mm driver a few days ago from KD for another light of mine, I suppose it is the same driver but cheaper?

Its the screw-down ring part that was causing the interference. The ring is not thin enough, and would have ended up sitting ontop of the corners of the 7135 chips because they are placed too close to the edge of the board.

Andi has a great straight-on view of it here… look at how close the 7135 chips are to the edge of the 17mm board, in relation to the I.D. of the threaded retainer. The ring would end up sitting on top of the 7135s. This creates two problems first the threads will not engage, second it will lose the DC-DC boards primary -B contact. The ridge inside the pill that rests the DC-DC board is barely ~.25mm (maybe .5mm), so I think the threaded retainer also serves as the primary -B contact for the driver.

Ah crap, how did I not even think of that?!! Thanks for showing me this. It would be nice to sink further down the edge that the driver sits on so that the retaining ring could still thread on (basically, the driver will sit lower to account for the height of the 7135 chips, and then the threaded ring will rest on the chips). That would be some tough work without a lathe though, and there might not even be enough room. Time to hit the drawing board tonight.

Another option I guess would be to buy a 4 x 7135 board, and stack 4 more 7135 chips on the existing ones. Would only get you just over 3 amps though, as I doubt there’s room to triple stack them. That way you can use a thin insulating ring between the driver and the threaded retaining ring.

58mm. Full specs on it’s components are in my review and pics here: UPDATE: 5/19!! Review: ULTRAFIRE HD2010 from Tmart (warning: lots of pics!!)

There might be just enough room in there to triple stack them… I didn’t take an actual measurement when I had mine apart. Theres definitely room for a 2x stack though. I dont think an insulator between the board and ring is a good idea though. I speculate that the ring also serves as the -B contact for the board.

Yeah, I wasn’t sure if the edge that the board sits on would be enough of a ground. I already have my 8 x 7135 board, so I’ll try to figure something out with that.

Back to the drawing board for me as well. I was really hoping the 8 chip driver could be screwed on.

Looks like Andi was able to solder the PCB edges straight to the pill or do my eyes deceive me?

No he used the brass ring piece from a C8 pill. Others have had success soldering directly onto Aluminum, I haven’t though. Its always been easier for me to solder onto copper or brass.

Just a side note… brass is a SUPER easy material to work with. Hand fabricating it is easier than Lexan-polycarbonate (which can be shatter & chip prone) and even some hard-woods which can have complex grain structures that complicate tool stroke motion and direction. Its on par with acetal (Delrin). Grinding tools and cutting wheels plow right through Brass with no tooling wear. I laugh at the boutique builders who tout Brass as an exotic, high-end option for their designs.

I would have taken build pics of my P60 pill cut-down mod… but I had no idea it was going to work as well as it did. So sorry about that.

Thanks JohnnyMac 58mm.

you’re right my t601 aluminium pill is almost impossible to get to stick…I have it soldered now, but it I disturb it too much (as in direct force by twisting) it lets go…this would never happen with the copper driver installs…glad it isn’t just me and it’s the aluminium lol

I also have one of these on the way plus the two purchased from Kaidomain. Hopefully I’ll be able to manage to get one of them to work correctly.

Aloha and welcome to BLF Inspector34!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been lurking for months...time to join the fun!

By the way, my 8x7135 is shipping soon. If anything interesting happens with the swap I'll be sure to share.

I used the C8 rings as well to convert the ones I have done also.

Hi, i bought one of these from easy light buy, i was wondering, when should i swap out the battery, does this start flashing at low voltage or should i use other magic to determine when to recharge as i have read i should not rely on the cell protection circuits.

It's good to have you here, Lord_Niksidor!

Good to see you here. Are you using a protected battery. What brand of flashlight did they ship you and how long did they take to ship to Australia? Thanks.

i’m using a “TrustFire - Protected TF 26650 3.7V 5000mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Battery” from manafont, i read the review by benkie, don’t have the torch yet, only been a week though, im just trying to make sure i don’t over discharge the battery first time will post shipping times when it arrives.