Ultrafire HD2010 (easylightbuy) 1x18650 / 26650

I wonder how this light compares for throw and light output with the Skyray STL-V2. Thought about an HD2010 but bought the Maxtoch SN/Skyray instead. Fantastic light.

This one sounds interesting too.Has anyone compared them?

What is average runtime on high mode with an 18650 batt and with a 26650?

Is it the case that 26650 batts use the same charger as the 18650s?

I compared it to my Uniquefire V2 (same as STL-V2 by all accounts) and it matches it well. Maybe a slight advantage to V2, but this monster is brighter than the V2 and is just amazing. Have not attempted a runtime test.

The switch trouble I had with mine was solved using an unprotected 18650 and I get even brighter light. I have no problem at all believing this light is 950+ lumens on a good cell.

You're a bad influence on me! Just ordered one of these from Easylightbuy too, which will be my first purchase from them.

What size O-rings?

Hey Luvlites...haven't seen you around much. I have the DX version in black color on the way. It'll be my first 26650 light. Can't wait to receive it. If Kramer can post back a link to where he bought his o-rings, I'll pick up a set too.

Hi Richie, been playing with my lights! Speaking of can't wait, Easylightbuy offered FEDEX shipping for $15 more but cost aside, I kind of like the anticipation in a sick sort of way (as long as it's not more than 2 weeks).

Yeah, I did a similar thing with DX and got the express shipping. They just take to long to get things shipped. I ordered it on April 17th, but still shows it's being prepared for shipping. I assume it'll get shipped out Monday and hopefully I'll have it within about 10 days after that.

Thats great to know you got it fixed. Yeah I have had more problems with protection circuits than they are worth, so unprotected cells remain my preference in various lights. They can behave inconsistently depending on the force placed on the cell from the springs.

Thanks for the STL-V2 comparison. I've been considering picking up that one, but its just too long for my tastes. So its good to know I'm not missing much with the 2010.

Oops sorry for the neg influence. Hope your easylightbuy purchase goes well. Don't expect an 11-day turn, I think it was exceptionally fast. My most recent order (another light) is taking a little longer... placed order on 4-7 arrived at Los Angeles sorting center on 4-20.

I wish I could tell you what O-rings I used but I discarded the packing box. I just took all the gaskets out and went to OSH and sized them against the ones they had hanging on the ped-board. I ended up buying gaskets that are just a little thicker, and very close ID. I upgraded the larger one infront of the glass, and inside the bezel trim-ring, although the stock gaskets are pretty snug at these locations. I can't say for certain a gasket replacement is really necessary here, although in my case it was because I tore one gasket when unscrewing the trim bezel.

You also will need to adjust the pill height a little to ensure proper gasket compression infront of the glass. Just a bit of a heads up too, this area is the one design flaw of the light. Too much pill-force against the reflector can short +LED to -LED across the reflector. Thats why I made an insulator gasket from stacked packaging tape.

The body tube gaskets however are severely under-sized and a must-change if you want to get this light wet. Similarly, I just removed them and size-matched them in the store. it was around ~$4 in total... and IMHO money well spent.

Side note too that theres noting to replace at the rubber switch boot. I just tightened the switch pill prayed for the best and dunked it for 10 minutes.

Thanks, Kramer, I'll want to upgrade the body tube gaskets at least. Wish I had someplace nearby with a decent selection. Maybe I need to invest in an assortment... or perhaps a database would be useful?

Kramer, I assume the green tailcap boot is accessible and easy to replace on this? If so, would you kindly measure yours and tell me what diameter it is? Love everything about the light except this, which I think looks cheesy. Thanks.

Yeah its easy to access and replace, if you can find a compatible one. Its 16mm diameter.

Cheesy as it is maybe, but those green color button thingy always helped me locate my lights.

All-blacks lights, my 501b for example, kept on going "missing" on the black chair or dark brown sofa... might as well call them ninja lights...

Excellent, I just so happen to have one on hand.

Hey Luvlites, I purchase a couple of blue ones for some of my lights that are the correct 16mm size from Intl-outdoor.

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/a-pair-blue-silicone-rubber-boot-168mm-recessed-p-332.html

Here's the linkydink. Looks like a nice thrower...

Does this mean only the easylightbuy.com version is direct drive on HIGH mode compared to the DX version?

I'm getting one

One thing I forgot to mention... this purchase was a great easylightbuy transaction, delivery was fast, communication was excellent from their CS rep and I have no regrets. I placed another order for a different light and it turns out they did not have it in stock. The same CS rep contacted me 2-3 days after I placed my order and she was genuinely apologetic. She offered to change my order to a different light of my choice, and I picked one that was slightly more expensive instead of a refund and she agreed.

So I am happy with the outcome on the second order, and I can't praise their CS lady enough for the prompt email communications.... but I'm not too thrilled their www site took my order for something that was out of stock. Its possible they had inventory and someone else placed an order right before mine, but I didn't ask her for specifics.

So... good luck on this one BLFers!!

Not sure about that one. Does anyone have pics of the DX model DC-DC board? the EasyLB HD2010 driver is shown above in thread comment #8.

I ordered one today from tmart. Shipping from US warehousebso I should have it in a few days. Will give it a full review.