UltraFire LW-12L2 12 x XM-L2 Flood Light opinion's

What do you guy’s think of this light—> http://www.lightscastle.com/product/ultrafire-lw-12l2-cree-xm-l2-t6-7920lm-5-mode-flashlight-grey+silver318650-326650-427022

It’s a 12 LED flood light using XM-L2’s.

I already own two Trustfire 3 x T6 and one Trustfire 9 x T6 and a Securitylng version of the 9 x T6 they are fun to play with out here in the wood’s.

Do you think I would notice much of a difference in a flood light past 9 LED’s?

Thanks for the help guy’s it sure does look like a fun light :slight_smile:

How much current goes to the leds?

That’s a good question and one I was thinking about right before I read your post because in this game that seems to make all the difference.

It says this in it’s description: Working Voltage:7.2-12.8V

nice find. heatsinking looks a bit better than all the other 9+ emitter lights.
i think you will notice a difference in output , but not so much in flood.
the price isnt bad either considering that they are xml2’s.
i think this light can be modded to one bad mofo.

maybe 18sixfifty will attempt…

I just noticed this light so I googled it and this thread popped up. I’m not sure how I missed it. I’ll be ordering one to see just what I can do with it. Fast tech has it for a couple bucks less. I’ll see if I can get a coupon for lightcastle or maybe a sample for review. They have sent me a few already.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10006644/1519900-ultrafire-lw-12l2-12-cree-xm-l2-t6-5-mode-8800lm

It costs a little less at Fasttech. I wouldn't bother with a light like this unless I was willing to mod it. With all those LEDs, it'll cost about $70 to put U2's on copper.

If I buy one I’ll just reflow those onto sinkpads that will only cost $20 I’ll probably drive it with three drivers from Lightmalls, the ones that I modded for use in the J-19 I am getting 4,500 lumens out of 3 leds. They can driver 4 emitters but I probably won’t mod them this time and shoot for about 1,000 lumens per emitter. For batteries I’ll use the sony 50amp 26650’s.

can i call first dibs once your done playing with it haha.
how many lumens you think you can get

I honestly think I can get over 10,000 on turn on but after 30 seconds it would probably be down to around 8,000 or so. I wrote to lightcastle a while ago asking them if I could review it. I’ll see how that turns out. I was planning on buying the TR-J20 but this one costs less and has the XM-L2’s in it. I still might though just because it can take the 32650’s and I understand that the new trustfire 32650’s did amazingly well when tested.

One or the other of these 12X’s is going to get modded by me. I’ll order one or the other next month after the first.

Since the TR-J20 offers 32650’s, it just doesnt make sense to go with anything else while powering a light with such high electrical demands. Yeah, I know its an investment with the light + cells. The Trustfire 32650 review was quite impressive. Enough for me to order some to power my Fenix TK70.

18sixfifty, have you got one of these yet, I was thinking of either getting this or the 18x xml, I don’t know if the 18 xml would be much more bright. I would imagine the 18x would have much more flood.

Nope I ended up buying a few other things because I found some really good deals. Maybe next month if I have the extra money.

darn, i was looking forward to buying this frm you after mods 18650 haha

Just saw this light doesn’t have mode memory. Would be really annoying to have to cycle through at this sort of brightness.

I was considering this light, but also passed - not enough juice to do it right. 3 26650's is no better than a J18, for example. Besides, I'd like to beat my J18 but 112 watts and 9k lumens is hard to top .

Please link this J18. Is it modified?

Very much modded, thread here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/23851

Post #30 - the J18 with only 6 XM-L2's

Post #63 - 7x XM-L2's, 9X beast driver from LD

Posts #74 and #82 - push'n it

Both lights are still alive and kick'n - but, don't turn them on very much