Ultrafire UF-T50 Ramping XML

Hi guys, I recieved the flashlight yesterday and have been playing around with it for a while. I'll try my best to do a review on it, please bare in mind that its going to be my 3rd post in this forum and i've never done a review :)

Wow - cool! Looking forward to it :-)

It looks like this light has anodized threads. shazidur, can you confirm that this light can be locked out by unscrewing the tailcap 1/8 to 1/4 turn.

This is an interesting light. I have a ZL SC600 and SC600w, so this light would not add any thing. Although if UF would put a warm XM-L in it like they have been known to do in some of their lights, I would propably buy it... assuming it did have easy lock-out capabilities.

Yes, it does have easy lock out. My wife got me one for christmas.

Thanks Happylawn. When you have time to play with it a bit give us some more impressions like how hard is it to get to max with the ramping UI, etc.

I have had just over a week to play with this light, and I really like it! It starts out on high and dims and then gets brighter as you hold the button for a few seconds. If you try to reach full brightness by ramping…well…it feels like playing wheel of fortune trying to hit the big mony spot. BUT, it resets to the brightest setting if you twist the tail cap a1/4 -1/2 turn or take the batteries out. By the way it remember the dimmer setting until you reset it. It is very bright and super compact (it has a nice weight and fits in my hand like a glove) I have dropped it a few on times already so it seems sturdy. The side switch feels great, and the magnet is strong an comes in handy. The other nite my driver side headlight went out, so I held this light out and was surprised to see it was brighter than the other headlight! BUT, it can get a little warm with a full battery after 30 min or so. It also does not take protected 16340’s! While trying to put them in, a little brass thing broke off from inside the head piece that makes battery contact one day after I got it. It continued to work until today after I changed batteries. It registered 2 amps on the multimeter after the brass thing fell off, and I wonder if that could effect the amp output (manufacture rated 2.2). In summary, I really like this light but wish I never tried the protected 16340’s!!! Use protected 18650’s in my opinion.
P.S any ideas on how to solder that thing back on?

Stop spamming