Ultrafire Warm white XML dropin at Manafont

Received today, is very warm, almost yellow-orange.
The beam produced by a particular reflector is in some strange way, has three distinct zones: a hotspot and two distinct concentric ring, the inner brighter, and the external dimmer. As already said it is strange, I do not know if I like it, is certainly different from all the other reflectors. Not bad, but I have to get used to.

Interesting but not unexpected measurement. If you use it further, probably you'd get even lower output from the P60 drop ins due to overheating. (wrapping helps little)

I do not have any light with known output that is close, and yours is pretty close. So the Ultrafire hotrod is really only 500 lumens and 438 lumens for the warm white. As i've always said, don't always trust the multimeter....

Just looking at the photos in post 16, why would anyone want to buy an LED flashlight that is yellow?

I expect an LED flashlight to look like the first example in the first photo. Certainly no more off white than the fourth example.

I love the lower colour temperatures plus the higher CRI that goes along with it. Incandescent flashlights are not out of vogue yet, and some of them are damn powerful.

Sometimes the LED flashlights could be only about 40 plus lumens per watt for the powerhouses/lousy heatsinked ones, not that far off from 30 lumens per watt as halogen.

The worst aspect about this module is not the OP reflector but the slow PWM used to dim the light in mid and low modes. Ultrafire's drivers suck !

I've replaced original driver with 4x7135 3 mode driver. Current draw is 1.4 A on high, and ceiling bounce test gives 13 lux. Not bad, 3 times less current draw and only 30% less luminous flux.

Original driver:

Interesting, Hrjove. 3X less current and only 30% drop for the P60. Thanks for the info.

I received this dropin last night. Measured around 540 lumens on high and 4.8!A tailcap. The light is beautiful to me but, and it’s a big but, it almost immediately fried the switch on my L2i. That was using the new CK high draw battery. A TF flame drew 4A. For this dropin I should have stuck with the TF. need to find a new switch now and change the driver.

manafont WW xml p60 vs. manafont 3mode ultrafire xml P60.

Great comparison Langcjl!

The reflector was designed for the MC-E and P7 4 die leds specifically to eliminate donut holes. It isn't necessary for XM-L's but still gives a nice even and wide beam imho. I have used a number of reflectors with XM-L's and this is one of my favourite.

The driver does sound rubbish though..

I think I like that