Ultrafire X8 UV Mod

#djozz
sounds good…but what about the driver……will it not have any negative effect on the uv light performance or ruin the Led Emitter, because it is 3,04A….and the LED is only 2,8 A ?
Kind regards
Michael Larsen

It’s only a bit more than 10 percent extra, it don’t think it will have a significant negative impact on the life of the LED.

Edit.

I think a have a Nanjing 105C 2.8 A somewhere if you prefer that.

#khas
I will text you an PM….its easier in danish :wink:
Kind regards
Michael Larsen

My bad, I forgot that… anyway, don’t overthink this and go for an M2

:+1:

Regards
Michael L

Hi again,
2800ma UV LED emitter is on the way and I’ve also got khas’s Convoy M2 on its way (I should only pay for shipping :slight_smile: thank you :+1: ) Looking forward to getting it made.
But I’ve come to think of the cheap hosts of the WF501b as I can see that the LED 2800 UV LED emitter also comes in 16mm PCB. I have found this 26.5 mm reflector, which seems to take SMD5050? - is that not right?
I have found this driver
Will all this also work together??
Kind regards
Michael L.,Denmark

The P60 modul you link to , is a complete modul with driver and led, you could swap the emitter to the one you want. I don’t think it’s 2,8 A output though.

If you want to make your own buy the driver from your second link and an empty P60 modul, something like this :
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1605/10003703/1268802-aluminum-orange-peel-reflector-drop-in-module-set

It’s a bit more DIY to make your own, soldring the driver to the pill can be tricky.

Thanks a lot :+1: Yes I have tried that … one of my WF501B….After I had soldered the driver to the pill, one of the wires got loose from the circutboard when I tried to solder the ledstar, and I then tried to solder the driver loose again. I would not come loose agian. Any good tips for that ? :slight_smile:
Kind regards
Michael L.

Here is a video from Old-Lumens :

His Youtube Channel is full of great flashlight modding.

Thanks a lot :+1: :slight_smile:

Hey Michael,
I had two of the 2800mA leds that you are buying, and used the first for my test, that one worked very well. Today I built the second one in an aspheric flashlight and it does not look good, one side of the die lit up much brighter than the other side.

So perhaps it is wise to order more than one in case one of them is faulty…

Okay thanks for the info djozz :+1: . I have ordered one, so if it is a faulty one, I will have to reorder. But no harm done, as the amber season does not start until 1. of September :wink:
Kind regards
MichaeL L.

Hi again,
Now I have made the modification and what a result! :slight_smile: :+1: . I already had this uv flashlight: uvflashlight from aliexpress , but the light is not even half as strong in UV light intensity, like the one I have just modified.
Again thanks a lot for the host and driver khas :+1: :+1: :slight_smile:
Also a big thank you to djozz and all the others, who has helped me with my first little project :+1: :+1: :slight_smile:
Kind regards
Michael Larsen, Denmark