UltraTac fishing for fake reviews

It’s from the standard qq.com email servers many chinese businesses use, and approved by the chinese government for censorship purposes.

“qq dot com is an e-mail service provided by Chinese Tencent company. It is very much like hotmail/gmail. The qq dot com address can also be used to login for other services like the free 10 TB cloud disk offered by Tencent, Weiyun dot com. So it is definitely not intended for disposable/temporary emails.”

I’ve been reviewing gear for a few years on YouTube. Its a pretty common practice for companies to share lists of reviewers amongst each other. I get requests nearly daily to review stuff. Probably 75% of them are unrelated to my channel.

I can say the flashlight manufacturers are probably the most honest of the bunch.

I could spend all day telling horror stories of companies trying to buy positive reviews, or pay you to take down negative reviews.

The big problem being that alot of good companies hire bad marketing firms to promote product and they destroy reputations in a heart beat.

Its tough as reviewers to know if you legitimately working with a company rep or a marketing firm. I sent an email this week to a company because their marketing rep was leaving tons of fake comments on my reviews. They were very appreciative that I warned them about what was going on.

Its a dirty dirty world out there. I know for certain there are a few companies that leave bad comments on thrunite flashlights. I see it alot on my channel. Someone will leave comments on every video with a story of a DOA light, and how much happier they are with xxx brand. Its easy to spot because they do it in bunches and over a period of a few days.

As a reviewer your integrity is crucial. Luckily in the world of flashlights this kind of activity is few and far between.

If I was you I’d send that email to the company. If it’s a rogue rep I’m sure they would love to know

I received the same email from a Bella offering money for flashlight reviews. Wanted me to just look up existing reviews and put my own spin on them.I didn’t answer.

Yep reviews always have to be honest even if the companies don’t like it! Most companies are smart enough not to send out bad gear for review.

Now if i get a light with a fake emitter i wont review it. I will ask them if they want me to send the light back.

Wow $5 for 500 words. This is how some third world country people actually support their families, all you have to do is to have Internet connection, basic English skills and lots of free time.

This is why I usually don’t trust reviews unless they’re being detailed with the specs.

By the way this is already happening in BLF, instead of being paid in cash they receive free lights, so far lumintop reviews being the most common. I’m not talking about honest detailed reviews, but short and data lacking reviews which are submitted just to comply with the seller. Luckily this is BLF and people make decisions with the help of real, honest opinions instead of just reviews.

Does mine fall into that category? I feel lumontop should only get good reviews seeing the price is premium.

Let those scammers write their own reviews in “yourself” words. When I review, I can promise if it’s a $5 light or a $500 light ,if it’s junk I will say it’s junk. Whoever these people are,they shot holes in their credibility.

I genuinely love LuminTop lights. That Bella gal/dude even approached me for a review, but some way during the communication, she/he stopped responding. Too bad, I probably would have given the light a positive spin, lol.

It’s possible that this Bella fella is trying to toss dirt into some companies’ rep. Surprised no one here thought of that yet.

I can’t make numerical measures myself for crap (don’t have so much as a basic multimeter, let alone a lightbox or a graph-drawing software) so my reviews are of the “layman’s POV” variety, but any reviews I post are 100% honest. I feature the good and the bad as well, in perfect bullet-point lists, all of it thoroughly analyzed.

Flashlight forums are full of “reviews”. The latest batch is for the Olight S1a. They send out a bunch of lights, people post a bunch of impressions that are mostly quotes of the specs, some do not even have pictures other than the factory promotion.

Even if we reply to say the review is fake, the seller gets their name in print, like I just did now… :slight_smile:

Then we argue a bit about whether we agree with the review, like this:
I dont think the K18 is all that good. For one it lacks a pocket clip, it also has a very narrow hot spot.
Now somebody will go buy a K18 just to see if they disagree :slight_smile:

Personally, I Love my Lumintop Copper Tool with Nichia. No I did not get paid to say that… here is a picture of my actual light (with a couple of my Maratacs), all of which I bought with my own money:-)

of course if somebody wants to send me a free light, I will happy to post my impressions :slight_smile:

K18 is very good light… but Olight S1A is a lemon for me!

A little more about Bella

that “review” includes a coupon code to Bellas Store.
note how the shill bumps his own “review” (he apparently got a free light out of the deal)

why is olight a lemon, I was thinking about getting one

OT: I don’t like the UI , tint and hold the button style! :sushi:

You may find that the Zebralight SC52w does everything the Olight S1a does, and more. imo the UI of Zebra is “better”, but thats just an opinion. btw, the Olight does not offer a Warm color option it is quite Cool White (more blueish). Buy whatever makes you happy :slight_smile:

I’m testing the s1a now. Going to have runtimes, lumens, and lux measurements. Should be posting Wednesday.

Definitely not my favorite AA light, but not terrible.

Bella/Ben has a store that resells returned lights:

Thank you for the information.

I like cool white in my headlamps for desert use due to showing up detail. what are your thoughts on this. I hope I have not been deluding my self

This thread sure has gone off course. From fake reviews in the OP, to opinions on headlamps

Which “bella” is which? I see
bella
bella-headlight
bella6180
Bella8135