UltraTac fishing for fake reviews

Does mine fall into that category? I feel lumontop should only get good reviews seeing the price is premium.

Let those scammers write their own reviews in “yourself” words. When I review, I can promise if it’s a $5 light or a $500 light ,if it’s junk I will say it’s junk. Whoever these people are,they shot holes in their credibility.

I genuinely love LuminTop lights. That Bella gal/dude even approached me for a review, but some way during the communication, she/he stopped responding. Too bad, I probably would have given the light a positive spin, lol.

It’s possible that this Bella fella is trying to toss dirt into some companies’ rep. Surprised no one here thought of that yet.

I can’t make numerical measures myself for crap (don’t have so much as a basic multimeter, let alone a lightbox or a graph-drawing software) so my reviews are of the “layman’s POV” variety, but any reviews I post are 100% honest. I feature the good and the bad as well, in perfect bullet-point lists, all of it thoroughly analyzed.

Flashlight forums are full of “reviews”. The latest batch is for the Olight S1a. They send out a bunch of lights, people post a bunch of impressions that are mostly quotes of the specs, some do not even have pictures other than the factory promotion.

Even if we reply to say the review is fake, the seller gets their name in print, like I just did now… :slight_smile:

Then we argue a bit about whether we agree with the review, like this:
I dont think the K18 is all that good. For one it lacks a pocket clip, it also has a very narrow hot spot.
Now somebody will go buy a K18 just to see if they disagree :slight_smile:

Personally, I Love my Lumintop Copper Tool with Nichia. No I did not get paid to say that… here is a picture of my actual light (with a couple of my Maratacs), all of which I bought with my own money:-)

of course if somebody wants to send me a free light, I will happy to post my impressions :slight_smile:

K18 is very good light… but Olight S1A is a lemon for me!

A little more about Bella

that “review” includes a coupon code to Bellas Store.
note how the shill bumps his own “review” (he apparently got a free light out of the deal)

why is olight a lemon, I was thinking about getting one

OT: I don’t like the UI , tint and hold the button style! :sushi:

You may find that the Zebralight SC52w does everything the Olight S1a does, and more. imo the UI of Zebra is “better”, but thats just an opinion. btw, the Olight does not offer a Warm color option it is quite Cool White (more blueish). Buy whatever makes you happy :slight_smile:

I’m testing the s1a now. Going to have runtimes, lumens, and lux measurements. Should be posting Wednesday.

Definitely not my favorite AA light, but not terrible.

Bella/Ben has a store that resells returned lights:

Thank you for the information.

I like cool white in my headlamps for desert use due to showing up detail. what are your thoughts on this. I hope I have not been deluding my self

This thread sure has gone off course. From fake reviews in the OP, to opinions on headlamps

Which “bella” is which? I see
bella
bella-headlight
bella6180
Bella8135

I’m not sure I’d consider the email in the original post a request for “fake reviews”. Note that Bella did not ask for “5-star” or “top rating” reviews. She only asked for “reviews”. In theory, you could even give the product a bad review. I interpret this to mean they want an honest review.

If I were to take them up on their offer (which I am not), I would do the following:

• Check with the website where the review is being posted to make sure that a paid review is not against site rules. If it is, I would not do the review. It’s not worth having your Amazon or other account canceled just to try to get a $10 gift certificate.

If not against the rules and I was doing the review:

• Disclose at the start of the review that I am being paid (or at least offered money) for the review and how much.
  • Give an honest and objective review as possible, including the pros and cons of the light, comparisons to other similar lights, plus my overall assessment of the light.
  • I would be very leery about giving the light a top rating unless it was truly exceptional.

This is definitely against Amazon’s rules,
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201602680
which say in part:

Also see the FTC’s rules. That’s where the Amazon rule comes from — it’s OK to give a free or discounted item to someone — up front — and ask for a review, as described above.
It’s not OK to ask someone to write (or plagiarize) a review and promise to pay them after it appears.

Apparently Bella is happy to give you the impression that she is from the Ultratac Company, but that is a deception.
Bella has an Amazon store that sells returned flashlights, of many brands

So Bella is LuckyLightBank… now we know who NOT to do business with, that means also, do not use the coupon code that the people who got fooled into writing reviews, are posting.

no, you are being played into thinking Bella is Ultratac or Lumintop. Bella is LLB, a vendor of returned lights.

its not a factory rep, you have been assumed what Bella hoped you would, that they are somehow connected to the manufacturer… as above, Bella is not a manufacturer, Bella is a Vendor of Rejected lights that have been returned

you are badmouthing Lumintop, in response to a Vendor impersonating the company. You have been played also.

Bella is not Lumintop, as above

yes, you are promoting a vendor that resells used equipment. Did you know that, or were you deceived also?

you have been deluding yourself. Cool white has low CRI. Some colors are missing and you will see more detail if you use a High CRI LED such as the Nichia 219b that is in the Lumintop Copper tool.

the Ultratac that you were asked to review is Cool White only, so the question is relevant imo, which is why Im answering it… I hope you dont mind

you have also been deceived then.

I suggest everyone that was deceived take responsibility for discrediting any review linked to Bellas store. And if you wrote such a review, make sure to point out in it, that Bella is a store, not a factory, and that the products are used, not new.

Inspector Clouseau seems to have all the answers lol

I seriously doubt it. Inspector Clouseau is far to busy fighting his trustworthy Chineese manservant Cato Fong, who joined him a few months ago at the age of 85.