ULTRON AA: Advanced AA/14500 programmable driver w/ moonlight and hidden strobes

Sorry guys, I don’t have enough time right now, I will write the details later.

My old Ultrafire C3 is waiting…

HaHaHaHaHaHAHAAAHHH! :party:

Ronin,

I think you missed some detail. This is a boost driver. If you have two 14500 in series, you need to step down the voltage, like a buck driver. Or, a linear driver if you’re not scared of the slight over-voltage going to the MT-G2. You certainly don’t need this driver!

I’m interested to know whether it can take 2X AA cells. It maybe should, unless there is a switch-over point between single AA and single 14500 that leaves a gap in between. A 2X AA capable driver then might also work as 2X C or D cell, if it can handle the amps. I’m thinking about my 2C and 2D Maglites! :bigsmile:

Anything happening here? I’d like a couple of these drivers (or more).

Hello, I’m very sorry for the delay but something crossed my plans and I’m also waiting for some more parts to arrive. I hope it will be ready soon.

Cool. Is there enough space for me to file this down to 14mm or do you need to build these first to know?

I’d love some of these for the upcoming BLF K6.

Hi, nothing happened, I’m just busy. I have material and PCBs for 30pcs of the driver. I just need to complete these.
There is a little problem, though. When the driver is used with low internal resistace li-ion, the boosting ic (PAM) sometimes fries - it probably doesn’t skip all the cycles and its internal FET can’t withstand the pulse from li-ion. Even though there is an inductor.
The same thing causes some 14500s protection circuits to cut off the power.
I know that this is a pretty common problem with the PAM2803 drivers.
I tried to solve this by adding a small resistor in path and it seems to be better. The problem is that it decreases efficency of the boosting circuit a bit.
I don’t want to start sales thread before I do some more testing.

This has started all sorts of ideas popping into my head. I have plenty of 2D Mags perfect for this.

If it works properly on 1.5V and not 14500, I would still want a few.

+several

Subscribing.

Amending that — if it works properly with a 1.2v NiMh — I’d definitely be ready to buy some.

I like repurposing my older 18650 lights to use 4/3A NiMH cells (the same dimensions) so I can give them to people with youngsters with no worries about li-ion safety.
A good reliable 1.2v driver would be most welcome.

**Subcribed!

I’ve been scouring the web lately looking for all those “out of stock” single AA drivers. It’s a shame there aren’t more options for those builds we do for the non-flashaholic crowd - like hank mentions.

Is there news on progress and is it available for sale?

OMG, the grail driver for AA lights??? I really need a few of these, thinking TG-06 and P60 to start with.

Interested!!! :+1:

No updates in almost a year…