under $20 USD GM1020 Digital Light Meter with USB data logging

What programs do you people use to create runtime graphs? Google spreadsheet seems to have some hiccups when I input thousands of numbers to it and do some math on them, so I’d like to have some better options.

counterfeit prolific chips.
use the driver supplied with the unit.its patched to run the counterfeit chip.

Excel.

Someone please do review this. I don’t need accuracy to 4 decimal places, I just want to be in the ballpark about flashlight runtimes and light intensity. This might be the next thing on my “want” list.

Questions.

1. Does the entire light test have to be in a dark room? My tests might last 24 hours or more. This could be a problem because I don’t have a spare bedroom.
  2. Can I set the time to log data? I might only want to log data once every 10 seconds.

Thanks!

you may be able to add piece of paper or other “diffuser” to the one that reads high…

fwiw, I “calibrated” the cap from a vitamin jar, to show 1 lumen Low with a ReyLight Tool. (with a couple of layers of paper under the cap),

with that calibration, I wondered how it would read on High so I tested 3 of my Lumintops w Nichia
the actual reading came in 6% below spec for the ReyLight on High

here is a Lumintop Tool w Nichia (on a Maratac body), it measured just 2% below spec

that same “calibration” produced almost exactly factory spec High on my Worm (spec is 80 lumens)

the largest variations imo are caused by differences in battery levels. there are also differences between the individual drivers in each light.
Notwithstanding the factors that cause inconsistency between specs and individual lights, I believe the “calibrated” diffuser is reasonably consistent at both low and high lumen levels.

Prolific serial-to-usb Code 10 error:

Have you tried using an older driver?

http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/92/20/prolific-usb-to-serial-fix-official-solution-to-code-10-error

Seems like for older revisions of PL2303 (and clones), the newer drivers will generate a “Code 10” Device cannot start error.
(My guess is that Prolific may be trying to make PL2303 clones “not work” with their drivers, although it would also affect older revisions of their own chipsets)

I have a PL2303 USB-to-serial adapter that doesn’t work with the latest drivers, but using the older driver specified above, it worked. Maybe similar scenario in your case.

I was able to remedy the situation by using this:
http://www.ifamilysoftware.com/news37.html

With those hacked drivers all of my Prolific devices work just fine.