Uniquefire HS-802

Hi all,

I’m still relatively new here, and if you’ve happened across a few posts of mine, you’ll see I like throwers, and on advice from Silverbolt I bought a Small Sun ZY-C10-S, which is good, but just not ‘it’……

Then I read here about the Jacob A60, which is on its way from Japan….THEN I see and read about this Uniquefire HS-802, and the general opinion is it throws like Fatima Whitbread with a tail wind!!

So, do I buy one? I’m budgeting like, £50 ($75) though so do I go for the HS-802 or can anyone suggest/recommend a thrower that can offer me 100-150m+ throw with the smallest hotspot, I need to pinpoint ‘targets’ let’s say, have them ‘freeze’.

Answers on a postcard please!

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Hi Rob The HS-802 isn't bad at all - you can see some beamshots from my XM-L modded one here.

You can also see the lack of fun I had getting it apart here.

DX ones used to have glued heads, KD ones didn't and quite likely still don't.

Oh come on you lot!

Ok, how does the HS-802 stack up against the might of the Jacob A60 (stock) then?

Someone must have an idea.

or a beamshot!

I’ve just received yesterday my HS802 xm-l2 u2 from KD, and still waiting for r2 drop-in from Manafont, will compare it with Jacob when it comes.
As for xm-l2 u2 version from KD, the LED sits too deep in pill so the reflector is about 2 mm above the LED and the led is way off center. The led is on 12 mm star which is soldered to a pill, so you can forget raiseing it and centering.

That’s not too good then is it?

Just out of sheer curiosity, why didn’t you go for the XR-E R2 version?

I wanted to see XM-L2 in that deep reflector and later upgrade with xr-e drop in from lightmalls