Uniquefire UF-2100 3-mode conversion to 5-modes

I don’t have nail scissors. But I have small sharp iron nails. I wedge it in and it just easily popped of. Thanks JohnnyMac for the technique.

Hi, I just ordered a UF-2100. I notice that the processor has the same part number as the one pictured in the Trustfire R5-A3 Strobe delete thread (https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/2179). I haven't got my light yet to look to see how close the rest of the board looks, but I was wondering if it looked like this mod might work for the UF-2100 as well?

Thanks,

Sorry I just reread my post and found it to be very ambiguous. When I said "if it looked like this mod might work for the UF-2100 as well?", what I meant was the strobe delete mod. The reason I ask is I noticed they are the same chip. It would appear that the chip is single time programmable from the datasheet I found while googling it. I wonder if all of the Chinese driver companies source it from the same place pre-programmed with the same pins controlling the same features and, thus, soldering it the same as in the R5-A3 strobe delete thread would leave us with a 3 mode (low, medium, high).

Thanks and sorry for my previous ambiguity.

Thanks for posting this, I was just fooling around tonight with my 2100 and was thinking that 5 modes sure would have been nice, and found this thread on the way to looking for a decent driver. Ten minutes later the leg is de-soldered and the light is back together with five modes. Thanks for saving me a few dollars on a new driver!

8)