UniqueFire UF-2160 XML T6 3-Mode 18650... NO-strobes

Well with this you have to turn a ring and it will cycle through all of them. So this may not be what you are looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am looking for something with about 900-1000 lumens. That one has a max of 438. :(

If possible, I would like the design to be as close to the UF-2100 as possible.

Edit: Turning the ring to cycle through them sounds great. I just don't want to do it the traditional way of clicking the on/off button 10 times to cycle through all 5 modes.

Do you mean something where you select the mode with one switch and another one is just an on/off switch?

If I understand Stan right, he is searching for a compact tube shaped light, XM-L driven,magnet selector ring and 18650 support. I have personally just purchased the Shininbeam S-Mini II XM-L, many think it's underdriven with only 1000mA on high, but I find it very useful overall. Perfect memory and mode spacing helps a lot on tail switch mode changing. After I purchased that light I don't see the need for a ring selector with only 3 modes.

I would prefer that, but if the ring is also used to turn the flashlight on/off that would be okay too.

Exactly.

Sorry for not being clear. I'll try putting what I'm looking for in point form to make it a little clearer:

- At least 700 lumen max light (would prefer around 900-1000 lumen)

- Mode selector device

- 3-mode (High-Medium-Low) or 5-mode (High-Medium-Low-Strobe-SOS) options

- Tube-shaped with knurlings

- 5" or less in length

Ok then that is probably the best option. There is also the tk35 (or its clone) that has two switches like you describe. However it uses 2 18650 batteries not 1.

You are going to have thermal issues with 1000 Lumen in that size for a light... it would be a "turbo" at best.... read for "short runtime only" ... either it will cook your hands, or the flashlight internals, or both.

@scaru

Not quite what I'm looking for, but thanks for trying.

@Vectrex

That's fine, that's exactly how I intend to use a 5-mode one. For a 3-mode one then 600 lumen would be fine too.

The problem is that most well known premium brands which have the machining capabilities, wouldn't built such a light probably ... or they would have to incorporate a safety mechanism against thermal damage ... like a timer or a heat sensor with a step-down from turbo to a reasonable high mode... that would probably drive the price beyond your $100 limit.

Jetbeam RRT-2 (X-ML) is the closest that I could find but it's only 460 Lumen and above $100 and not exactly tube shaped (it has a bigger head).

So there's nothing even remotely similar to the UniqueFire UF-2100 but with a mode selector? Even if it goes a little above my budget that would be okay.

@ scaru: "There is also the tk35 (or its clone) that has two switches like you describe. However it uses 2 18650 batteries not 1."

And it's about the least tube shaped light in the world!
But fair play to you for at least having some suggestions. I can't think of anything that fits all the OP's criteria..

It would be a cool light if it existed. :)

Are there any that exist that exceed my budget? How about with less lumens?

Not that I know of, especially if you expect 1000 lumens as that is complete BS.

I normally don't have the +$100 range on my radar, but like I said...... the Jetbeam RRT-2 (X-ML) is the closest that I could find but it's only 460 Lumen and above $100 and not exactly tube shaped (it has a bigger head). There are some XP-G lights (Sunwayman) but they don't match your required Lumens output even close.

@scaru

So how about something around 600 lumens?

@Vectrex

Okay, thanks for trying. Let me know if you ever come across something close to what I'm looking for. :)

Yes. I'd certainly like one..

Yes, I remember you when I see one... but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. Maybe someone over at CPF knows the future lights of Sunwayman and Jetbeam?

Maybe we'll convince UniqueFire to make a mode selector ring for their UF-2100 model. lol One can dream.

I doubt they are up for the machining task, when I look at the rather rough tailcap threads on my UF2100. Low tolerances on moving parts have never been the strong suit on any budget light and that goes especially for the *Fire lights.