*Update*Review of Imalent DN35 discount code included.

No, they both drop to this level on overheating. If at all possible get both :slight_smile: They’re best-in-class and not expensive with the discounts, so it’s worth having both.

It’s true that there’s a big intersection in usage. I prefer the DN70 for the range it reaches, because it’s flooder and I like to see all around. Also it has more power, which is important for me. Finally, I prefer its tint, which is somewhat warmer than neutral white while the DN35 has a rather cool white. I like cool white, so I like the DN35, but if forced to chose I’d take neutral white in this case, where it doesn’t reduce output.

On the other hand, if you want/need to illuminate far the DN35 is much better. Also its power levels are better, particularly the high one, which is too much in the DN70.

For short distances, say up to 20m, I strongly prefer a very divergent beam. None of the flashlights I’ve seen do it, so I use a diffuser made of dc-fix or tracing paper. It works better with a flood beam but, to my surprise, even the DN35 works very fine with such diffusers; the resultant beam no longer has a hot spot, even if it’s still brighter forward.

thanks a lot,guys.

i hope that in next versions Imalent will take all written above in account and make intermediate mode(s).

Hey gang…. Sorry about all the missing photos… I am still moving 10 years of hosted images and tracking down the image with the new URL from a different hosting site.

This is not why I am posting. I am posting because I found something tonight just by chance.

I purchased 2 Purple Efest 26650 cells for a ThorFire S70S. They have just a tiny pit of a raised top so I decided to try one of them in my Imalent DN35 and DN70. The Efest cells are a couple of mm shorter than the cells that Imalent provides with the lights but the slightly raised top makes up the difference.

I got an immediate jump in lumen output. Both are still under what is claimed but both are much closer.

The DN70 got as high as 3300 lumen only once. That is around 600 to 800 higher than using the Imalent cells.

The DN35 hit 1849 Lumen. That is much closer than previous readings.

I purchased the Purple Efest 26650 cells from Mtn Electronics and the price is as good or better than anywhere I have seen. I know I can trust these guys…

If you decide you want to give the Efest cells a try here is the URL http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=354&search=EFST26650-PURPLE

At that price I will probably order a couple more just to have them on hand.

Hope this helps..

Terry