UPDATE What I wanna say about ThorFire C8s

Monkey! Happy New Year.

I love the “Thor-” part of the brand.

Quite a good fit for a high-quality flashlight brand.

I’m embarrassed to admit that I lumped ThorFire into the ” *fire = avoid ” bin myself. I did not research the brand, and it sounds like BLF members feel that ThorFire is a quality brand. It is just too easy a mnemonic for me to avoid anything with “Fire” in the name - which is sad, because the junk peddlers must have picked that name to take advantage of a company that was actually making good quality stuff.

Year of the monkey

Guilty.

Monkey see monkey do

Let me guess.....

Monkey?

Since 'Thor' is already taken as a brand name, the name Thorlight comes to mind.

It’s the Year of the Monkey.

But I keep writing Year of the Sheep on my checks!

But Surefire and Uniquefire are also no names to avoid right?
Though THORFLASH would also work and has a good ring to it, link to the product and link to the old stories!

^ THAT deserves a free flashlight.

Monkey!

ThorBlaze or ThorBright maybe?

well in SureFIRE’s case I guess we can say that they the origin of XXXfire cloned names & are whose name is being copied. & perhaps I’m wrong for not looking into uniquefire as to being just another XXXfire clone. Are those actually any decent lights?

Year of the Monkey is the coming year.

Uniquefire, Thorfire, Trustfire and Ultrafire, as far as they are original, at least come out with own designs every now and then, not just clones of clones of clones.

But they are definitely budget brands, every design they come out with has flaws caused by not thinking things through. While high end brands show this much less, the designs are sometimes very clever and complete.

Would the upcoming year be the Year of the Monkey?

Don’t ask me how I know, but I do!

:slight_smile:

Thanks Barry - Have a Great Vacation! :party: :beer:
-Chuck

Bort gives his regards to the year of the monkey.

Any good manufacturer has to produce good quality products, give good support for defects/design flaws, and BLFers like when products are modifyable, every Thorfire i have used has permanently installed drivers, which cannot be upgraded to higher currents or newer drivers.
Also one light i was sent for review had a design flaw that i reverse engineered and mentioned to Thorfire, and never heard from again, i have no idea if it was fixed, and what about the customers who already bought it, they lost their money and probably decided to buy other brands in future instead.

Year of the Monkey business?

I don't want any C8 lights. I would only give them away anyhow.

Thorfire doesn't fit in with all the other fire lights out there. I know Barry wants to see the brand become well known for good quality lights.

Name change maybe;

Thormonkey

Firemonkey

Monkeyfire

Well, maybe not.

Hey monkey, you my brother?

Brother from another mother?

(just got through watching all 7 of the F&F movies).

The tg06 is a fantastic light.

The name is probably the biggest deterrant to new customers.

I would have never bought a thorfire if it weren’t for this forum. I’m glad I did because some of the lights are fantastic.

As a gear reviewer the big complaints I hear about thorfire is that flashlight runtimes and lumens are difficult to find and are not posted with the product. And the product descriptions on amazon can be confusing and contradictory. The product descriptions are poorly written and this doesn’t inspire confidence in the company.

I’m sure people in this forum would be glad to assist with fixing product descriptions. I think that would go a long way.