[UPDATED M4D deal] Manker “EDC Muscle Combo – BLF Limited”

Mine arrived today

I ordered two combo’s. Slowest shipping ever, version 2 will be released by the time it gets here.
19 days and they are still in Shenzhen,China. :person_facepalming:

Mine arrived today. In the greater Seattle area so it came quick! Super happy with the MC13 throw and the tint of the E14III. Will most likely get trits for these guys. :smiley:

Where do you plan on getting trits since Mixglo isn’t shipping to the US?

I just checked Mixglo’s website and they are still shipping to the US

Not only are they shipping it’s quite fast. $5 shipping option: ordered 9/20, shipped 9/21, delivered 9/29

Mine has updated to say it’s now in Australia. Just the long, slow wait until it arrives at my door. Now to get onto ordering trits.

I ordered on day 1 of the GB but never got any tracking info.

I ordered mine rather late and it’s made it into JFK already. Ordered the 19th, shipped the 23rd, arrived at the airport the 28th. Let’s see how long it takes to get the 40 miles from the airport to my house…

Got mine today in Northern California. White and NW.

I’m really impressed, Manker.

The EC14 III is a chunky heavy boy with fantastic tint to my eyes and it gets BRIGHT!

The MC13 seems like a fine mini light saber. Can’t wait for it to get dark tonight.

Shipping was pretty darn fast, too.

Thanks M4X and Manker. Just in time for my week long trip to the redwoods. :slight_smile:

:beer:

keep the good news coming!

Mine arrived this afternoon; very quick shipping. Nice quality and design for both light. The MC13 is an awesome little thrower. However, I’m disappointed by the distinctly green tint of the E14III. I compared it with a couple of SST20 4000K multi-emitter lights (an FD2 and FA3 I think). I also compared it with a YLP Panda 2M CRI with the same LH351D 4000K emitters. The E14III has a green tint by comparison with all three; side by side, the Panda shows up as light golden with a hint of rosiness; I was hoping the E14III would be the same. I took the E14III bezel off but couldn’t find the “built-in removable silica gel light filter (green)”. Perhaps, I lost the tint lottery.

Man I’m with you on this. The build quality is great and overall they’re good lights, but the tint on my E14 just looks so different than what other people are posting. The NW is definitely looking a lot more green than expected. I’m super grateful for Manker and Max for making this possible but the D4v2 might still be my go to

From the product page:

Is there meant to be a negative green filter and a green glow gasket in the E14 III?

Are some E14’s missing the negative green filter?

NW looks green while CW is ok?

Does the E14 III come with an AR-coated lens? If so, that might have a big impact on the greenish tintshift as well. It's not always the chromaticity bin only. It was often reported that some AR coatings "bend" the wavelength and create unwanted tintshift. Maybe someone can test it with a non-coated lens.

I got the NW as well. Here’s my comparison photos… Green tint indeed.
Left on both photos is going to be the E14 III in Neutral White
Right on both photos is going to be the D4V2 in Neutral White with SST20 4000k 95CRI

That’s… green. Ugh. Does it open up easily? Luckily I have some minus green filter from Boaz.

Is there anything I can do about the green tint? I’m sad to say this but overall feel meh about the set. Might let it go to someone else eventually

Taking off the bezel and AR coated glass it is marginally less green. It should be easy to slip a filter between optic and glass.

In actual use - around the house at night and taking the dogs out for their pre-dawn ablutions - the tint was surprisingly pleasant; so long as I didn’t fixate on it. I liked the moonlight modes a lot and the even flood with slight throw was very serviceable outdoors; I have the 18650 tube on and it is plenty bright. The one-piece body/tailcap allows for a clear contact, cf wringing the neck of the FW3A or KR4. The e-switch is decent; the copper head gives some, but not too much, heft. All in all I am much happier with the light this morning than yesterday evening.

It looks like customs is performing time travel… I had stated that the lights arrived at JFK on the 28th, and now it also states that the package cleared customs on the 27th. That’s pretty impressive, I must say.