updated: "unbranded Prototype" of UTorch UT03

No matter the price point if they dont make cooling better its not worth much its going to step down so fast. How long could it hold 8k lumens for maybe 30-60 seconds? Once stepping down the Q8 or the K70 will be the same output and will be able to maintain output at say level for much longer.

the manufacturer changes:

1. include more fins to improve heat dissipation

2. increase output (to at least 9000lm)

3. improve the quality of the reflector and LED gasket/ centering ring.

4. OP(orange peel texture) to reflector

5. DTP Cu MCPCB

6. increase wire size

7. better soldering technique

8. add 4000lm level

9. - Flat bezel and Be flat and no fill up to empty spaces for the triangular cut-out design in the reflctor.

when i get more info i will share ;)

Acebeam K70? I don't think it is a fair comparison.

I think he means the Kronos K70 :
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/45699

60 seconds is fine with me. More than enough time for me to see what I need to see.

You can’t cheat the laws of physics. This many watts in a light this size is gonna heat up pretty quick.

The Manker MK34 was even smaller, yet had 12 xp-g2 and made 8,000 lumen and it only could hold turbo for about 30 seconds. It’s not bad design, it’s just normal for a really compact light.

Wow, those are all good improvements.

someone is listening ;)

Thing is if you will be able to hold it or not , because it will be hot . Stepdown caused by temperature going up is smaller than you think .

I’ve heard that a price has been set. Its quite a good price as well.

Any updates Madmax?

Will this be in the hands of a reviewer before interested parties are supposed to buy it?

All great steps, and choices M4D M4X. Have you any new news or updates for us, at this time? :slight_smile:

We’re still getting a tripod mount on this light? I hope…

I think a tripod mount is very low priority compared to the other things.

Besides, you could always bungee cord it to a tripod, right?

Correct JasonWW :smiley: but we did talk about a tripod mount. I never did see or hear what was said about that, from the factory?

M4D M4X ?

Tripod mount was requested by multiple people on another thread and there was a good number of people who seconded the idea.

The suggestion was put forth to UTorch but I haven’t heard about it since.

I just think it’s low priority.

If you sacrifice the quality of the flashlight just to add bells and whistles, sales will be poor due it not being a good light.

On the other hand, a good quality light without a tripod mount is still going to sell really well.

I think making a good light is the higher priority.

If Utorch can appease the small percentage who want a tripod mount after doing all the other improvements, then I’m all for it.

Do you agree with this or do you think the tripod mount is crucial and you’ll pass on buying the light if it doesn’t have it?

i have no updates, nor did i get the updated version for compariseon :(

i try and ask Jona again for assistance

Updated version shouldn’t be ready yet …

any price details?

not now