US based QTC interest

Agenthex anf Firelight2 went out this morning.

Need address from Boaz and waiting on info from Jason.

All gone. All orders have been shipped and I have no more available at this time.

Thanks guys.

I received my little envelope of QTC's today and thought , hmmm what can I do with them now? Just for fun I got out my retired AA mini Maglite and thought for a second where I could stick the little guy. Well, the only obvious place would be between the batteries. So I dropped one down on the negative end of the first battery and centered it with a pencil. Ok, now slide the second rear battery in carefully.... and screw the back end in.

I then turned the front bezel and got the focus I wanted. Now to see if this worked I slowly started to unscrew the rear end cap and the light started to dim! Not very linear but it does prove that the more pressure on the "pill" the more conductivity. Pretty cool. Now to start experimenting to come up with a more permanent solution. Thanks again Wiljen for the QTC's!

i just saw the thread today, and if there are any left i would definitely like some. if not, there may well be enough interest for another order. thanks.

just wanted to say thx again

Any body interested in trying zoflex pressure pads as replacement for QTC Pills? I don’t want to buy the whole thing for myself.

It seems from the description that it would do the same thing as QTC pills. Here is the info:

Zoflex: Products (Look at the pressure pads. Third from the top). It is $39 for 12“x9” We can split it in 4 pieces. I just want to try it.

Rafael

The beauty,and interest,of QTC’s is the infinitely variable resistance with pressure,which can go from direct drive to ultra,ultra low moonlight.The two main difficulties are;getting graduated pressure to the pills,and avoiding shredding the pills with twisting motion.
The Zoflex product description does not appear to guarantee the variable part.It may be acting like a switch,off up to a certain pressure,then “flips” to on.I think you need to ask Zoflex precisely how the material responds.
Welcome to BLF :bigsmile: