USB-rechargeable keychain light recommendations?

I think the A3 is pretty similar to the Tunenge S15, though I didn’t have them both at the same time.
RovyVon has a great reputation, meanwhile I think I’m just about the only person that has talked about Tunenge on BLF, so Tunenge doesn’t have much of a reputation.

Trustfire minix

Wow, that looks really good, especially for a rectangular light, though I don’t know much about it. :+1:

@sb56637 , if you really liked the Nitecore TIP, I would say that the TIP SE would be a great option.

I guess they have it in NW.

Despite I like the Trustfire and the RovyVon(s) if the TIP SE has the same UI I would say that is the way to go.

Just a suggestion, though!! Hope you find a good one :ok_hand:

1 Thank

Thanks, this sounds like an important flaw to me too. Even the cheap plastic Nitecore Tube had strong wire attachment points with an incredibly high hanging load rating (in tons if I remember correctly).

Thanks @MascaratumB , I’ll check it out!

1 Thank

I think this is the one I was remembering:

@jon_slider What are your current thoughts?

I hope you find a keychain light you enjoy.

I have not thought about it in a long while, and dont have experience with the current offerings.

I’ve always preferred 1x AAA twisties, but I’m planning on this RovyVon for my next keychain-size/pocket light. https://www.rovyvon.com/products/angel-eyes-e3-g2-aaa-battery-edc-flashlight

Best wishes for whatever you choose!

1 Thank

Hi there, thanks! Wow, that’s an interesting option. Internal + external batteries…

If you are happy with the TIP… do you want a direct replacement? It seems they are still being sold.
https://www.amazon.com/Nitecore-SE-Rechargeable-Keychain-Flashlight/dp/B07DQMXLCX?tag=namespacebran369-20&asc_source=01GTA1FEXXTTTAXWQRBN3ZDNEA&th=1

EDIT: I see that this is the “SE” version. I don’t know what the difference(s) is/are

With a good AAA cylindrical light, I don’t think you would notice the difference in your pocket. At least, I don’t even notice the little Fenix on my keychain. The problem is that most of them that I have seen that are nice and small, are twisties. Even at that, I can use the light effectively with one hand. But you know what you want… until maybe you give something else a chance… :smiling_imp:

1 Thank

I like the Fenix E03r v2. I reviewed it and it’s a nice keychain light. All aluminum, about 39 grams, USB c rechargable and 500 lumens with a red light and simple UI. My current keychain light is a Fenix Elite, but lower output than you want. I also like the Olight i1r 2 pro eos. Tiny, bright and rechargable 2 modes.

1 Thank

I tested the E03R v2 and liked it overall https://1lumen.com/review/fenix-e03r-v2/

2 Thanks

Yes that is nice

Ah yes, that’s the next generation after mine I believe. This is what I have (although it’s aluminum not SS):

I could live with another TIP, although the lockout mechanism leaves something to be desired on my 1st gen version.

Excellent, thank you!

Good point, AAA would be significantly smaller than the ones that @raccoon suggests with their integrated battery. I didn’t really consider AAA models because I need a bit more power. I suppose it could be Li-Ion 10440 but it’s hard for me to receive uninstalled Li-Ions via mail.

a keychain light with a 10440 battery option:

Silver Fox with USB 10440 for about $20,

but its a twisty, and opening the light to get to the battery is not as convenient as a light w a USB port

I think you might be happiest with a new Tip.

1 Thank

Surprised at the “not a twisty” requirement, as those are the only ones I had which never turned themselves on accidentally.

I still like the i1R2 or whatever they’re confusingly called.

The v2 has a captive cap that you fully unscrew to charge, but it doesn’t fall off entirely. Got that one on one of those looooooong lanyards that I can wear it like a geeky necklace when I’m not wearing anything with pockets.

There’s a newer version that’s a bit fatter and has a bit more oomf.

All these have 2-stage switches, so twist a little gives you low, twist a bit more gives you high. Handy.

1 Thank

Oh, and there’s the rectangular Thrunite(?) that has 2 emitters. The one I got has white and UV.

No lockout, so the side-button can accidentally turn on the light if squished in a pocket.

I had all 3 of these (thin/fat i1R2s, and the Thrunite), but Hell if I can find them. Had them all here on the table, but I get the feeling some feline influence “hid” them on me.

1 Thank

OLIGHT i1R 2 EOS 150 Lumens Tiny Rechargeable Keychain Flashlight EDC Mini LED Keyring Light with Built-in Battery for Camping Hiking Dog Walking etc (Desert Tan) https://a.co/d/fL17Voo

This converts to a Canon eos SLR camera when needed. LOL

1 Thank

Yeah, that’s true, except the opposite also applies, I can never turn on a twisty quickly on purpose, especially if I have just one hand free.

Hmm…

Sure it’s not a Nitecore?

There’s also this one:
https://www.amazon.com/BORUIT-Small-Powerful-Flashlight-365nm/dp/B0C2H29F2M