Utorch UT01 eneloop vs Efest 14500

hey.
i got this lihgt about 2 weeks ago from gearbest and used it with eneloop.
then i finely got my efest IMR 14500 purple in the mail and put it in to try it.
sadly it wasnt as i want it to be, its just as bright as with the eneloop :frowning:

any idea? thanks

Sorry about my question, but did you charge the battery first?

Is it possible the mode selection/programming is set in a way that you don’t notice the difference? This was a really informative video about setting each modes lumen level.

As the other poster noted, was the 14500 cell fully charged?

Also, how are you determining the output/brightness level? Do you have something to actually measure it as opposed to just trusting your eyes, which can be deceiving?

When you program the light to turbo3 (highest possible output), what is the current draw?

TBH the cell was on 3.81 while testing, as i just got it in the mail and my TP4056 charge module need to replace prog resistor to charge this small battery.
so no. was not fresh out of the charger, but still…
the brightnes was copmered with other flashlight.

also, after the first 14500 test, the flashlight stop working, played with it abit and its ok now
but the swith is not working properly, need to press it harder for it to change mods/off/on

Please charge it fully.

you need to charge the 14500, and then make certain you program the turbo setting. I don’t believe it comes from the factory programmed this way.