UV flashlight for scorpions

Thanks!

So this filter replaces the stock lens or goes on top of the stock lens?

I use them by replacing the stock lens. The stuff is a bit more brittle than normal glass so do not expect the impact resistance of harded mineral glass.

I have lived in S.Africa since 1984, and have only ever seen one scorpion, which was a non-dangerous kind.

There are apparently 3 species of scorpion here, one is non-venomous, one is like a bee sting, and the third (the small white one) is potentially deadly. There is also a very common harmless but horrible-looking thing called a whip-scorpion, which I think is member of the spider family. Note that it doesn’t have a tail

I have no idea what the distribution of the real scorpions is, but you won’t likely see them in Durban.

Anyway, scorpion UV torches (not a quality brand) are sold in Cape Union Mart, which is an outdoor store present in just about every shopping mall in the country, so don’t worry if you don’t find one before you get here. Expect to pay around $10-$15 for one.

Uhhh, yeah, I still wouldn’t stick that in my mouth on a dare.

Guys,

I’ve been reading about UV flashlights to decide which one to buy as my first one and this was a useful thread even though I’m not looking for scorpions.

I don’t want to get into 18650 batteries if I can help it since I have a large set of AA and AAA Eneloop low-self-discharge NiMH batteries. Are there any 365nm flashlights that can be powered from these?

Thanks.

Sofirn has a AA UV light . It has an LG emitter but no ZWB2 filter out of the box. I think Fin also has a coupon on these in the Banggood page

That flashlight looks good. Which Banggood page were you referencing?

Thanks.

This one:

Awesome!

Thanks.