Very BIG lights at DX (search lights....)

Very big lights...

First, a "normal" XML light "FandyFire A0 3 mode XML 1x18650 or 2x123A" - http://www.dealextreme.com/p/fandyfire-a0-waterproof-cree-xm-lt60-3-mode-1000lm-white-led-flashlight-1-x-18650-94977?r=43033281

Now this "search light" with rechargeable 5500mAh built in battery, 2 modes, XPG- R5 LED - http://www.dealextreme.com/p/rechargeable-5w-220-lumen-2-mode-cree-xp-g-led-white-light-spotlight-searchlight-94992?r=43033281

Now two more "search lights" with an unknown LED for me, one in black case, other in green case, battery pack inside...

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/rechargeable-3w-200-lumen-2-mode-1-led-white-light-spotlight-searchlight-dark-green-94993?r=43033281

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/rechargeable-3w-200-lumen-2-mode-1-led-white-light-spotlight-searchlight-green-94994?r=43033281

Both are 2 modes too.

Fandyfire A0 only pulls 1.4Amps. Wonder how much the Skyray A0 pulls?

mmm... Maybe it really doesnt pull 1,4A. Maybe more... who knows? DX descriptions, not always true...

All that bulk, and only 5500mah. And the XP-G fits like ...... in such a big reflector.

This one can be bought for $15 in most crap shops, you just need a driver and a XP-R5

Agreed. I wonder how many they will sell.

Well, Fran-the-shill is trying to help out as much as he can.

Amazing that he does this for free..........oh, wait - he gets a kickback !

does this qualify as general info ????

Commercial sellers spot is more appropriate - or state full disclosure, i get money for acting like i found some cool things id like to share

if you are a marketer for the companies please act like it and share it as such. i dont know why this is not a bigger issue

we destroy the non english speaking people from china but you get a pass

BLF - FOR HAPPY TIME, ALL TO HAVE !!!

Hmmm. If I want to buy what appears to be a stainless-steel plunger for really small toilets, I'll keep this in mind.

The lanterns may be had for less than half-price as well.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

... which is exactly why DX enables and encourages shilling (I mean referrals) - to bring them more business. Nice "shilling" Fran. Id encourage everyone to do this as long as they promise not to become one of the brain damaged mods on DX.

Do all these guys/gals get a "no frills shills" merit badge too?

Well, if my vote matters; I don't like it. If you happen to know zero about flashlights but you found something kinda cool somewhere that you liked, I want to hear about it but a shill just waters down the board. It's not necessarily about being an all-knowing expert, it's about what you think or what you find interesting.

If Solarforce (or anybody else) ever did hook me up, my credibility would go down the drain.

itsnotworthitFoy

Here's your chance to vote

Of course your vote matters; this is a community, as odd of one as it may be.

I'm a big fan of full disclosure.

I'd just like to point out to whoever said that as it used an XP-G should know it was a 'floody' beam that XP-G's do not always mean flood they got that reputation when they replaced the XR-E in most small sized lights as their viewing angle is wider. But in a light with a reflector that big one should give an incredibly tight throwy beam. Even in relatively small light (4sevens G5) they produce a very tight beam, look at the beam for the Armytek predator, very tight pencil beam using an XP-G. XM-L's are naturally more likely to produce a floody beam in a similar size reflector as they have an even wider viewing angle, but using a large enough reflector even they can be give a tight throwy beam.

Also DX beamshots are almost always pointless and not representative of the actual beam profile at all as they are taken a matter of a few cm from the wall. At a longer distance they will be very different.

Nice 16cm reflector, should be extremely high in lux/good in throw and easily gets you over 100k cd. But if it has a crappy reflector or something that is not optimised, it would throw no better than a P60 XM-L.