very nice headlamp (at IS): Nitecore HC50

Bummer! Ah well, still looks like a great headlamp, especially for the price!

Anyone know if the Keeppower 3400s fit ok in this headlamp?

They fit.

Great! thx.

Wasn't surprised when flat-top cells didn't work in my headlamp with Nitecore's passive polarity protection thing.

Nevertheless, I've had it for a few days and used it extensively and find that it's not too heavy at all.
This may be supplemented by a good head band and soft mount, but never once did I feel like there was a significant mass on my head while chasing crabs or going for a midnight run.

Using a NCR18650A protected, I got 1hr 40mins on highest high (claimed 565lm) which is significantly longer than I expected.

Full review coming soon.

Great news! Looking forward to a review!

[Review] NITECORE HC50 (Headlamp XM-L2 T6, 1x 18650 / 2x (R) CR123) :wink:

Overclocker made a comment on this light, that caught my attention:

Out of regulation...Honestly, I don't see it. Call it ignorance, but it seems as bright running of a battery that has burnt an hour, and a fresh one.

The button isn't stiff. Grow some muscles.

The UI. Yeah, I have to agree that it isn't the most intuitive part of the light. But come on, it really isn't that bad. 30 seconds of glancing over the manual and 5 minutes of play time and it becomes like second nature.

The glowie tail switch makes it all worth it.

+1, really overclocker, LOL.

I took advantage of this great deal and bought three. Before you judge me, I only did this after I found out that my long lost brothers, cousins, sister was a Nigerian Prince who just died. Just send off my Western Union, now waiting on my good long lost family member to tell me where to pick up my check.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Mode-12-LED-Headlamp-with-Adjustable-Lamp-Straps-Flash-Light-Camping-Light-/111097299574?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ddea4276

I followed your link, and got sidetracked and ended up looking at some anit slip mats, the ones that FT sells for $1.10, for $8.50 :

I bought a bunch from FT, and I can assure you that these items would not stick as in the picture.

I just glued a strong circular magnet to the tail cap end so that I can work with my beloved headlamp in my workshop

I like the way it looks!