Want to employ someone with a lathe

I want to mash together a head and host that are not compatible so would like to know if there is someone who can lathe up a part to connect them. It requires threading ,of course, so I can send the parts to mate if needed. I did a rough sketch to give an idea of what I’m after. I can write it up in cad if needed too.

I’m half inclined to have a couple made of 2 different types but I guess it will depend on how much time the machinist can spare me. I’m thinking now may not be the best time for me to be asking since OL’s home made light contest is on.

I would prefer if an aussie could do this to save the overseas shipping but if not so be it.

So if you could recommend someone or step forward please…

I’m sure there are plenty of machinists in Perth more than capable of doing something like this for you. If you draw it up in CAD and print it out, give them a week they should oblige!

Yes I’m sure there are lots. I just have a sour taste in my mouth from trying to get parts fabricated for my rc.

I’m a fan of the idea of making adapters — we know many SLR camera bodies can take almost any brand SLR lens, with adapters made to fit between them:
https://www.google.com/search?q=camera+lens+body+adapters

And flashlights don’t need to autofocus and stop down iris diaphragms and such.
The “Yeah, but …” is the SLR camera lens mounts are expertly machined — known precision and repeatably. They truly are interchangeable parts.

Budget flashlights seem more variable even within any particular model or brand name — I’ve invited reports as people try Legoing parts
“What Legoes with What?”

But along that same line — any flashlights that are made accurately and repeatably within a model/brand would be ideal candidates for an adapter.